Topics

FY-2H and FY-2G

geojohnt@...

I thought I was receiving these services  - but I seldom have used them.

However, I see, Ferdinand having said, regarding the loss of IODC, that he can use these satellites, that I am not actually receiving data.
I've checked my EUMETCast account and FY is ticked and E1H-TPG-1 (presumably FY geo data?) is going into the 'combined streams' folder feeding my MDM MSG-4.

I'm getting GOMS 2 but no FY.

I've just updated my MDM to V.3.1.13.1306 2019-Jul-17 but still no FY data.

Er, ???

Regards,
John Tellick.

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

I thought I was receiving these services - but I seldom have used them.

However, I see, Ferdinand having said, regarding the loss of IODC, that he can use these satellites, that I am not actually receiving data.
I've checked my EUMETCast account and FY is ticked and E1H-TPG-1 (presumably FY geo data?) is going into the 'combined streams' folder feeding my MDM MSG-4.

I'm getting GOMS 2 but no FY.

I've just updated my MDM to V.3.1.13.1306 2019-Jul-17 but still no FY data.

Er, ???

Regards,
John Tellick.
===============================

John,

IIRC, it should go to "EUMETSAT_Data_Channel 12" unless it has changed since early June.

geojohnt@...

David,

Re: my non reception of FY geo data in MDM.

You are right, thanks.

I had commented this channel out - with quite a few others - during those early days of using TC V2.14.4, trying to get rid of 'accumulating' non required data.

Strange(?) that the Basic Service Transponder 1: Current multicast channels and PIDs table lists:

E1B-TPG-1 500 224.223.222.27 5558 Third Party GEO Europe

Where one would expect to find FY?

As Data Channel-12 says:

EUMETSAT Data Channel 12 301 224.223.222.35 650 Multi-service misc Europe/Africa

And it's only:

  MAX MULTICAST DATA RATE (KBPS)

 650.

Anyway, problem solved, thanks.