FSD Data

Douglas Deans <douglas@...>

Amazing how quickly the FSD data is in when there is no MSG SEVIRI data
(LRIT specifically).
Presumably a priority/bandwidth issue (channel 3), although as long as all
is in before the next 3 hourly is due perhaps it is not too important (for
the amateurs anyway !).

--- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, "Douglas Deans" <douglas@d...> wrote:
Amazing how quickly the FSD data is in when there is no MSG SEVIRI
data (LRIT specifically).

Although it didn't stop the IR prolog being delayed until _after_ IR
segment 3 on Meteosat 5.....

Presumably a priority/bandwidth issue (channel 3), although as
long as all is in before the next 3 hourly is due perhaps it is not
too important (for the amateurs anyway !).

Douglas,

I think that there may be problems resulting from trying to cram too
much down data channel 3, possibly the sequence errors we see on Met-
5 and some MPEF products.

What will happen on MSG-2 and MSG-3 where these bandwidths are fixed
and not adjustable? I guess that as dissemination will be via
Hotbird, the limited bandwidth won't matter. Just a thought, though.

David