Four-day Meteosat Rapid Scanning Service (RSS) interruption from today!

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

From Twitter (@eumetsat_users) - Twitter has a lot of interesting and useful satellite information so be sure to join.

Four-day Meteosat Rapid Scanning Service (RSS) interruption today until 17 Sept. Please note extended period.

https://www.eumetsat.int/rapid-scanning-service-schedule

For recent group members, you may like to know that there is a free program here:

https://www.satsignal.eu/software/msg_dm.htm#rss-holiday
https://www.satsignal.eu/software/beta.htm

called "RSS Holiday" which renames Met-9 files to Met-10 so that your access to Rapid Scan data continues unaffected. There's no need to change the satellite in my MSG Data Manager software any more. You can leave the RSS Holiday software running continuously as it doesn't affect normal Met-10 data reception.

The program likely works with other processing software too, but I don't have the facility to check that here.

Ask any questions here in the group.