Topics

File transmission ended/interrupted (files missing)

Peter Benney <tugboat@...>

After 30 hours of perfect reception I have 2 missing segments reported this morning.
Cycle: 0600
msg-ch02, seg: 5
msg-ch03, seg: 5
Log....
MSG:2003-11-14 06:08:44.375:
File transmission 3fb47158001b5d77 ended/interrupted: 2 files missing/incomplete

MSG:2003-11-14 06:08:44.375:
Missed parts of file `H-000-MSG1__-MSG1________-IR_016___-000005___-200311140600-C_' id 3fb47158001b5d70 from channel `EUMETSAT Data Channel 2'

MSG:2003-11-14 06:08:44.375:
Missed parts of file `H-000-MSG1__-MSG1________-VIS008___-000005___-200311140600-C_' id 3fb47158001b5d71 from channel `EUMETSAT Data Channel 2'

It would seem that files can be reported missing incomplete but later received. An example is shown here.
Log...
MSG:2003-11-14 06:25:48.062:
File transmission 3fb4753d001b6102 ended/interrupted: 6 files missing/incomplete

MSG:2003-11-14 06:25:48.062:
Missed file `L-000-MSG1__-GOES9_______-00_7_140E-000001___-200311140600-C_' id 3fb4753d001b60fc from channel `EUMETSAT Data Channel 3'

MSG:2003-11-14 06:25:48.062:
Missed file `L-000-MSG1__-GOES9_______-00_7_140E-000002___-200311140600-C_' id 3fb4753d001b60fd from channel `EUMETSAT Data Channel 3'

MSG:2003-11-14 06:25:48.062:
Missed file `L-000-MSG1__-GOES9_______-00_7_140E-000003___-200311140600-C_' id 3fb4753d001b60fe from channel `EUMETSAT Data Channel 3'

MSG:2003-11-14 06:25:48.062:
Missed file `L-000-MSG1__-GOES9_______-00_7_140E-000004___-200311140600-C_' id 3fb4753d001b60ff from channel `EUMETSAT Data Channel 3'

MSG:2003-11-14 06:25:48.062:
Missed file `L-000-MSG1__-GOES9_______-00_7_140E-000005___-200311140600-C_' id 3fb4753d001b6100 from channel `EUMETSAT Data Channel 3'

MSG:2003-11-14 06:25:48.062:Missed file `L-000-MSG1__-GOES9_______-00_7_140E-000006___-200311140600-C_' id 3fb4753d001b6101 from channel `EUMETSAT Data Channel 3'

The files will be received one at a time, the next missing file report being as above but minus the first segment until the whole sequence is correctly received.

Rx PC
AMD AthlonXP 2400+
M/B: Elite L7VTM VIA KT400
Bios: Award
1024 MB DDR RAM - PC2100

Skystar 2 Rev 2.3 Driver V4.2.2. Tellique 2.3.1
IRQ 18 shared with on board ethernet.
Triax 88cm dish, Quality 70%. SNR 10.8. BER Zero. No uncorrected blocks
Wx: Fine, Wind: Sly <12mph

Peter

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

--- In MSG-1@..., "Peter Benney" <tugboat@g...> wrote:
After 30 hours of perfect reception I have 2 missing segments
reported this morning.
Cycle: 0600
msg-ch02, seg: 5
msg-ch03, seg: 5
Those segments were OK here.

It would seem that files can be reported missing incomplete but
later received. An example is shown here.

This is with data channel 3 - LRIT. I am advised that files of a
higher priority can interrupt the transmission of files at a lower
priority on this channel. MSG-1 SEVIRI data has priority over other
data, so if SEVIRI (MSG-1 imager) data becomes available, the other
data can be interrupted, held in a disk cache, and be resumed
later. You should not normally see this on data channel 2.