Fairly painless EKU installation

James Brown

Just to confirm what others have reported, with one or two slight variations.

I had already installed the e-token software when I received an upgrade to the Tellique s/ware some time ago, but I left the CD in the drive when introducing the token.

Running Windows XP.

System recognised the token, after a delay invited me to install software, chose the automatic option and it was all over before I could check whether it accessed the CD - don't think it did.

I then un-installed the Tellique software because I wanted it to pick up the new name and user password and create the appropriate keys, ran it again, entering the new details. A re-boot was required - allowed it to do a 'warm' one, and the 'T' turned purple right on cue.

On running MDM there was a slight hiccough in that initially it told me I didn't have a path set up for the data files. But a second start was then fine. I wonder if it was simply because there were no files to process - in the un-install/install process I didn't change the directory for the Tellique s/ware.

I have currently set the MDM to process most channels to make sure the new licence covers everything it should, and at the moment everything seems fine. Looking at the LRIT after some months of absence was a bit of a shock though! The blockiness of some areas was quite marked.

As a PS I wonder David if it will be possible to animate MET 5 30 minute scans with 'Animator' when they start coming online? Just a thought.

Cheers,

James
--
James Brown

Douglas Deans <douglas@...>

As a PS I wonder David if it will be possible to animate MET 5 30 minute
scans with 'Animator' when they start coming online? Just a thought.

Cheers,

James
--
James Brown

Excellent idea if David could program it. My preference, if at all
possible, would be to add it as a 6th as I already enjoy the 5 I have !
Hope regular Met 5 comes soon.

--- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, James Brown <satellite@m...> wrote:
[]
As a PS I wonder David if it will be possible to animate MET 5 30
minute scans with 'Animator' when they start coming online? Just a
thought.

James,

That sounds like a good idea - will be slightly tricky as the files
are in a different folder, but nothing that can't be done. I might
wait until the Met-7 data is available as well so as to do the two
tasks at the same time.

James Brown

In message <c0ikto+s71g@eGroups.com>, David Taylor <david-taylor@blueyonder.co.uk> writes
--- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, James Brown <satellite@m...> wrote:
[]
As a PS I wonder David if it will be possible to animate MET 5 30
minute scans with 'Animator' when they start coming online? Just a
thought.

James,

That sounds like a good idea - will be slightly tricky as the files
are in a different folder, but nothing that can't be done. I might
wait until the Met-7 data is available as well so as to do the two
tasks at the same time.

So huge thanks in advance David!!

I'm just checking if I'm still registered for ATOVS - does anyone know if you have to stop and start the Technisat prog to get new PIDs working?

James
--
James Brown

Ian S Deans <ian@...>

David,

Animation of Met 5 30 minute data would be superb. To be honest though I am
struggling to think of a reason why I would want to take Met-7 data at all.

As a PS I wonder David if it will be possible to animate MET 5 30
minute scans with 'Animator' when they start coming online? Just a
thought.

James,

That sounds like a good idea - will be slightly tricky as the files
are in a different folder, but nothing that can't be done. I might
wait until the Met-7 data is available as well so as to do the two
tasks at the same time.

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

--- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, "Ian S Deans" <ian@i...> wrote:
David,

Animation of Met 5 30 minute data would be superb. To be honest
though I am struggling to think of a reason why I would want to take
Met-7 data at all.

When MSG-1 is switched off for decontamination etc.

Douglas Deans <douglas@...>

As a PS I wonder David if it will be possible to animate MET 5 30
minute scans with 'Animator' when they start coming online? Just a
thought.

James,

That sounds like a good idea - will be slightly tricky as the files
are in a different folder, but nothing that can't be done. I might
wait until the Met-7 data is available as well so as to do the two
tasks at the same time.

So huge thanks in advance David!!

I'm just checking if I'm still registered for ATOVS - does anyone know
if you have to stop and start the Technisat prog to get new PIDs
working?

James
--
James Brown

No just put the PID in. Funnily enough I did that this morning. You may
lose the odd segment whilst you are doing it though, as Tellique does not
like the DVB program being adjusted.
I have the old program perhaps the new one is more tolerant.

Ian S Deans <ian@...>

Fair point David. Until MSG-2 is up and tested Met-7 does give us some
backup cover.

Douglas Deans <douglas@...>

That sounds like a good idea - will be slightly tricky as the files
are in a different folder, but nothing that can't be done. I might
wait until the Met-7 data is available as well so as to do the two
tasks at the same time.

Will the addition of Met 7 data need another Tab in MSG DM. Perhaps the
'Europeans' (ie Meteosats 5 & 7) can take a tab of their own and leave the
other three as the FSD's.
We are going to be spoilt for choice. Great times !

--- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, "Douglas Deans" <douglas@d...> wrote:
[]
Will the addition of Met 7 data need another Tab in MSG DM.
Perhaps the 'Europeans' (ie Meteosats 5 & 7) can take a tab of their
own and leave the other three as the FSD's.
We are going to be spoilt for choice. Great times !

I squeezed it in between GEOS-E and MET-5 on the FSD tab, so as to
have a proper geographic position. You should get a full world view
on that tab, perhaps it should be renamed "World"? Just got it
running a moment ago simply renaming MET5 data as MET7. Of course,
this assumes that all the internal formats are the same which may,
or may not, be the case. Need to update the thermal calibration
stuff now.....