Topics

Extra files EARS/ATOVS -Amsua, Hirs

mdrapes2003

Yes I think it would be great if the file handling for the
retransmitted NOAA Amsua and Hirs files could be built in to MSG
Manager in the future to take care of all those files MSG transmits.
The ATOVs Reader is good for viewing but does not look after the file
handling at present.

It might be worthwhile to have an overlay option for putting ATOVs
image sections over HRIT images.

Cheers
Mark

--- In MSG-1@..., "David Taylor" <david-taylor@b...>
wrote:
Is it normal to receive amsua, amsub and hirs data along with
HRIT, LRIT and FSD?

David Taylor's MSG Data Manager does a thorough job of retrieving
HRIT, LRIT and FSD from my remote receiver PC and deleting them
when
decoded. Now, after about three weeks of operation, I'm left with
thousands of amsua, amsub and hirs files in the 'Received' folder.

Presumably this is image data. Could it be decoded into images?

Paul
Yes, you can use my ATOVS reader to decode this data. You can
write
a small batch file to move the data from the Receiver PC to the
Processing PC and decode it there. I am keen to make more us of
this data than just image decoding, and am looking for input. For
more information, please see:

http://www.satsignal.net => Satellite Tools, ATOVS Reader

http://www.satsignal.net => Weather Satellites, MSG-1 and ATOVS

Trial licences are available for the software. If you don't want
get this data, please remove PID 500 (01F4 hex).

Douglas Deans <douglas@...>