Topics

Extra files

Paul Telco <paul@...>

Hello Group,

Is it normal to receive amsua, amsub and hirs data along with HRIT, LRIT and FSD?

David Taylor's MSG Data Manager does a thorough job of retrieving HRIT, LRIT and FSD from my remote receiver PC and deleting them when decoded. Now, after about three weeks of operation, I'm left with thousands of amsua, amsub and hirs files in the 'Received' folder.

Presumably this is image data. Could it be decoded into images?

Paul

David J Taylor

Is it normal to receive amsua, amsub and hirs data along with
HRIT, LRIT and FSD?

David Taylor's MSG Data Manager does a thorough job of retrieving
HRIT, LRIT and FSD from my remote receiver PC and deleting them when
decoded. Now, after about three weeks of operation, I'm left with
thousands of amsua, amsub and hirs files in the 'Received' folder.

Presumably this is image data. Could it be decoded into images?

Paul
Yes, you can use my ATOVS reader to decode this data. You can write
a small batch file to move the data from the Receiver PC to the
Processing PC and decode it there. I am keen to make more us of
this data than just image decoding, and am looking for input. For
more information, please see:

http://www.satsignal.net => Satellite Tools, ATOVS Reader

http://www.satsignal.net => Weather Satellites, MSG-1 and ATOVS

Trial licences are available for the software. If you don't want to
get this data, please remove PID 500 (01F4 hex).