Eumetcastview VIIRS

Daniele Guardigli

Hello,

From many days ago Eumetcastview doesn't remove side lines on VIIRS images when producing a pojection (same for MERSI). Before,it did it without issues.Which parameters should I set?
Thanks in advance.

Daniele Guardigli

Douglas Deans

On 26/12/2020 13:49, Daniele Guardigli wrote:
Hello,
From many days ago Eumetcastview doesn't remove side lines on VIIRS images when producing a pojection (same for MERSI). Before,it did it without issues.Which parameters should I set?
Thanks in advance.
Daniele Guardigli

It is working fine for me Daniele using the General Vertical Perspective or the new Oblique Mercator for NOAA 20 and NPP VIIRS and FY-3D MERSI.
Cannot reproduce your problem. Using Version 1.4.9.

Daniele Guardigli

I'm using 1.4.9 as well. I think something messed up. If someone knows which parameter should I set will be appreciated

Il Sab 26 Dic 2020, 15:01 Douglas Deans via groups.io <gm4vzy=googlemail.com@groups.io> ha scritto:
On 26/12/2020 13:49, Daniele Guardigli wrote:
> Hello,
>
>  From many days ago Eumetcastview doesn't remove side lines on VIIRS
> images when producing a pojection (same for MERSI). Before,it did it
> without issues.Which parameters should I set?
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Daniele Guardigli

It is working fine for me Daniele using the General Vertical Perspective
or the new Oblique Mercator for NOAA 20 and NPP VIIRS and FY-3D MERSI.
Cannot reproduce your problem. Using Version 1.4.9.

Hugo

Hi Daniele,

Can you post an example of your problem. I'm not sure I understand what you mean.
Grts,

Hugo

Daniele Guardigli

Noaa20.jpg
attached You'll find a Noaa20 oblique mercator projection. As you can see on both sides there still are the stripes.

Il giorno sab 26 dic 2020 alle ore 15:21 Daniele Guardigli via groups.io <daniele.guardigli=gmail.com@groups.io> ha scritto:
I'm using 1.4.9 as well. I think something messed up. If someone knows which parameter should I set will be appreciated

Il Sab 26 Dic 2020, 15:01 Douglas Deans via groups.io <gm4vzy=googlemail.com@groups.io> ha scritto:
On 26/12/2020 13:49, Daniele Guardigli wrote:
> Hello,
>
>  From many days ago Eumetcastview doesn't remove side lines on VIIRS
> images when producing a pojection (same for MERSI). Before,it did it
> without issues.Which parameters should I set?
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Daniele Guardigli

It is working fine for me Daniele using the General Vertical Perspective
or the new Oblique Mercator for NOAA 20 and NPP VIIRS and FY-3D MERSI.
Cannot reproduce your problem. Using Version 1.4.9.

Daniele Guardigli

Hugo

Hi,

Apparently you didn't set the smoothing for the projection.
Select Preferences - Projection - Smoothing of projection image - set Bilinear interpolation....
That's all ...

grts,

Hugo

Daniele Guardigli

Thank you very very much Hugo. You solved my problem quickly.

Daniele