Topics

EUMETCastView ver.1.4.7 3D globe crash

Mads Kristoffersen

Hello

Been offline for a while but slowly systems are coming back to life.

Just updated to latest EUMETCastView (1.4.7) but program crashes when 3D globe is selected, also had that problem in earlier versions but new graphic-card solved it back then.

Any ideas what to look for this time? Thanks.

Regards
Mads

Cornish Man

Hi

I have problems with EUMETCastView when trying to decode NOAA 20 images and some others.
I get blue lines through all the images

Jan

On Tuesday, 17 December 2019, 21:01:22 GMT, Mads Kristoffersen via Groups.Io <mads.kristoffersen@...> wrote:

Hello

Been offline for a while but slowly systems are coming back to life.

Just updated to latest EUMETCastView (1.4.7) but program crashes when 3D globe is selected, also had that problem in earlier versions but new graphic-card solved it back then.

Any ideas what to look for this time? Thanks.

Regards
Mads

Douglas Deans

On 18/12/2019 18:57, Cornish Man via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi
I have problems with EUMETCastView when trying to decode NOAA 20 images and some others.
I get blue lines through all the images
Jan

Hello Jan,
Hugo has explained this before.
The VIIRS instrument has a wide swath of data which means these multi-detector sensors are subject to several artifacts including bow-tie distortions and striping, and require special pre-processing steps.
If you open the images in other programs such as BEAM or SNAP you will see exactly the same lines.

However if you process the images properly with EUMETCastView using 'projections' the program automatically fills the missing data and produces the full images.
I have quickly processed a single segment for speed using EUMETCastView and have it attached to show the result. Of course you can do multiple segments, adjacent ones etc.

Hope that helps.

Hugo

Hello Mads,

If you have an Nvidia video card you can update your drivers and the OpenGL drivers will also be installed.
In Windows you can run dxdiag to test which driver and OpenGL version is running .

Grts,

Hugo

Mads Kristoffersen

Hi Hugo

Using AMD Radeon R5 230 with latest driver.

Hope we can fix it, I really enjoyed your program earlier.

Regards
Mads

Mads Kristoffersen

Reinstalled/updated driver and now it works perfect.

Great program!

Regards