Topics

EUMETCast TP-1 power?

geojohnt@...

All,

My SNR is way down at 16:00 GMT with only non rain bearing cloud.
I see that there are a lot of storms around Austria so presume the uplink is affected.

Regards,
John Tellick.

Douglas Deans

On 01/07/2019 17:40, geojohnt via Groups.Io wrote:
All,
My SNR is way down at 16:00 GMT with only non rain bearing cloud.
I see that there are a lot of storms around Austria so presume the uplink is affected.
Regards,
John Tellick.

Yes there has been serious problems with all services since about 14.30 clock time UK with thousands of lost packets and no signal for long periods.
Looks to be better now. Likely the European thunderstorms as you say.

geojohnt@...

All,

Interesting, I see that we all suffered lost signal for short periods around 14:00 GMT from David's station readout graphs.

+++++++++++++++++++++

In a message dated 01/07/2019 17:40:55 GMT Standard Time, geojohnt@... writes:

All,

My SNR is way down at 16:00 GMT with only non rain bearing cloud.
I see that there are a lot of storms around Austria so presume the uplink is affected.

Regards,
John Tellick.

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

All,

My SNR is way down at 16:00 GMT with only non rain bearing cloud.
I see that there are a lot of storms around Austria so presume the uplink is affected.

Regards,
John Tellick.

See Vienna weather and:

https://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/performance_eumetcast-europe_link_margin.php