EumetCast server receiption stations monitoring with Zabbix

jevgenijs.ugorenko@...

Hello!
I have one question to be discussed:

How it will increase EumetCast SAT server working processes if I will add on it Zabbix monitoring systems agent2 (it could be 2 types: active or passive (wich eats less SYS memory)?

Ernst Lobsiger

Hi

No one here has AFAIK used Zabbix that seems to be an overkill for monitoring EUMETCast receivers.
Windows users with TC monitoring have MRTG running and there is much documentation on Davids site.

http://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/performance_eumetcast-europe_link_margin.php

On my GNU/Linux TC receivers I use eLuna/RRDtool with graphic output via Apache2 (no SNMP though).

https://groups.io/g/MSG-1/message/31172