Topics

EUMETCast downlinks over the years.

geojohnt@...

Re: [MSG-1] Configuring TC V2.14.4 .ini's.

Ian,

Your posting below on the Subject title above, of which many of us are aware, has led me to do a bit of 'looking back' and I've found a comparison of various power outputs used over the years by satellites transmitting EUMETCast that I produced.

Of course in the early days we had DVB-S so reception was not as 'critical.'
Then DVB-S2 with VCM.
The wider bandwidth of HVS reducing the link margin.

Anyway, I hope the attached document and image will be of interest.

I see that we went from Eurobird 9 to Eutelsat 9A.
That location is now the home of Eutelsat 9B - much 'stronger' than Eutelsat 10A.
And receivable on the same dish.

In a message dated 21/06/2019 15:25:38 GMT Standard Time, iandeans142@... writes:

John, they did use the satellite at 9 degrees for a while until the move
to 10 degrees --- wish they would move back !!!!

Over the last few months I have seen a slow deterioration in the signal.
In good conditions I could get 13.3 to 13.7 at various times of the day
with a 1.1 metre dish, which was good for north of Dundee. Now however I
am only seeing 12.8 to 13.2 and my dish is correctly aligned ---
disappointing.