Topics

EUMETCast BS/HVS-1 signal level.

geojohnt@...

All,

What's going on?

For the second day running yesterday there has been a period (periods) of increased SNR and thus link margin on the BS/HVS-1 service seen across Europe in David's 'signal logging.'

Regards,
John Tellick.

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

All,

What's going on?

For the second day running yesterday there has been a period (periods) of increased SNR and thus link margin on the BS/HVS-1 service seen across Europe in David's 'signal logging.'

Regards,
John Tellick.
======================================

John,

This time it may be genuine uplink switching, judging by the weather over Austria! But looking at:

https://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/performance_eumetcast-europe_link_margin.php

I only see switches at Billingham today, and I guess those are local. Yesterday's were Europe-wide.

geojohnt@...

David,

I think it was last Thursday when a Europe wide increase was seen for just 1 hour around 11:00 UTC.
Other times the increase was for a few hours.

I usually look across at Austria to see what the weather is doing.

Web: https://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@...
Twitter: @gm8arv