Eumetcast bas channel 1

Bernard Burton

I have not received any data on Eumetcast data channel 1 since 11 GMT yesterday, that is the EARS AVHRR feed. All other channels on the Eumetcast Bas feed are working normally. Is anyone else having the same problem?

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

On 20/10/2021 09:05, Bernard Burton via groups.io wrote:
I have not received any data on Eumetcast data channel 1 since 11 GMT
yesterday, that is the EARS AVHRR feed. All other channels on the Eumetcast Bas
feed are working normally. Is anyone else having the same problem?
Yes, Bernard, other stations are seeing the same issue with AVHRR data. I
reported it to EUMETSAT and it is being investigated. I know there is ongoing
maintenance otherwise I would have reported it yesterday.

kutte20002000

same here in Berlin, Germany

geojohnt@...

Hello All,

Well appears to have started again recently with Metop B 12:49.

Er, I think I read somewhere that Metop A is going to be/has been retired.
My last part pass would appear to have been 0813 on 15-10-21.

Regards,
John

++++++++++++++++++++

On 20/10/2021 14:29, geojohnt via groups.io wrote:
Hello All,

Well appears to have started again recently with Metop B 12:49.

Er, I think I read somewhere that Metop A is going to be/has been retired.
My last part pass would appear to have been 0813 on 15-10-21.

Regards,
John
Good to see the data back!

Metop-A - https://www.eumetsat.int/plans-metop-end-life

Alan Curnow

On Wed, Oct 20, 2021 at 02:29 PM, <geojohnt@...> wrote:
Hello All,

Well appears to have started again recently with Metop B 12:49.

Er, I think I read somewhere that Metop A is going to be/has been retired.
My last part pass would appear to have been 0813 on 15-10-21.

Regards,
John
Metop-A seems to have disappeared from the EARS AVHRR service as you say John, though it's still going on the 'Global' AHVRR service on HVS-1, E1H-EPS-10

Cheers,
Alan

geojohnt@...

David,

Thanks for the link.
That's probably where I read it

++++++++++++++++++++

Good to see the data back!

Metop-A - https://www.eumetsat.int/plans-metop-end-life

On 20/10/2021 14:29, geojohnt via groups.io wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Well appears to have started again recently with Metop B 12:49.
>
> Er, I think I read somewhere that Metop A is going to be/has been retired.
> My last part pass would appear to have been 0813 on 15-10-21.
>
> Regards,
> John

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

geojohnt@...

Alan,

Thanks for that.
'They' are not keeping to plan then, though they did say this is the likely scenario.

I only accessed Metop A via EARS.

+++++++++++++++++

On 21/10/2021 10:21, geojohnt via groups.io wrote:
Alan,

Thanks for that.
'They' are not keeping to plan then, though they did say this is the likely
scenario.

I only accessed Metop A via EARS.

Metop-A data (EARS) stopped here on Oct-15, as per plan.

geojohnt@...

David,

Yes, as it did here.

Alan said the global service is still continuing.

++++++++++++++++++++++

Metop-A data (EARS) stopped here on Oct-15, as per plan.

Web: https://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@...

On 21/10/2021 10:21, geojohnt via groups.io wrote:
> Alan,
>
> Thanks for that.
> 'They' are not keeping to plan then, though they did say this is the likely
> scenario.
>
> I only accessed Metop A via EARS.
>
> Regards,
> John.

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

On 21/10/2021 15:24, geojohnt via groups.io wrote:
David,

Yes, as it did here.

Alan said the global service is still continuing.

As it says on the Web page:

https://www.eumetsat.int/plans-metop-end-life

15 November 2021:

End of local mission for all instruments (HRPT switch off).
End of global mission for ALL remaining instruments — Metop-A data and
products no longer available for the user community.
Metop-A de-orbiting starts.

I see no conflict here.