Error when installing EUMETCast-EKU-SAC-x64-9.0.msi on Win10

Andreas Mueller

I'm trying to install the Safenet Software on a Win10 PC (Zotac CI 547). Unfortunately during install i get the error message: There appears to be a problem with the Smart Card Resource Manager configuration on this computer. The installation will be completed but may not work correctly'. Subsequently the License Information on the Token via 'tc-cast-client-exe -k' is not recoqnized. Also tried this with Win10 Versions 1909, 2004 and 20H2 - same Result. Following the exact same installation procedure on a Laptop works with no issues at all.

Has anyone else seen this issue before? 

Andreas

Stefano Mina

Andreas Sometimes the smart card service gives problems. Make sure the smart card service is running To check the Windows service is active: click on START-> run and write services.msc and press enter. Check if the service appears in the list, and that the start is on "automatic Greetings Stephen.

Andreas Mueller

Stefano - thanks for replying.
Did some more checks and found out installing the Safenet Software via RDP fails. Testing via RDP fails as well (even when installing and testing (with 'tc-cast-client-exe -k') locally before was successful). Accessing the PC via Teamviewer (or VNC etc.) does not show the problem. What a waste of time to find this out! Later - once i got the contraints - i also found a hint on David's website (https://www.satsignal.eu/software/msg_dm_pc.htm) mentioning similar issues. Net for me another example to stick to Linux...

Andreas