EKU Safenet Authentication Client crashed last night

Hartmut Schulla

Hi!

The EKU Safenet Client crashed last night exactly at 02:00/03:00 MEZ/MESZ.

Had anybody same experiences? After reinserting the dongle EKU worked again.

In the last months I recognized approx 1 crash of the EKU SW per month.

Regards

Hartmut

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

On 28/03/2021 09:34, Hartmut Schulla via groups.io wrote:
Hi!
The EKU Safenet Client crashed last night exactly at 02:00/03:00 MEZ/MESZ.
Had anybody same experiences? After reinserting the dongle EKU worked again.
In the last months I recognized approx 1 crash of the EKU SW per month.
Regards
Hartmut
Hartmut,

No sign of problems here (Windows-10), but I did see the "Certificate" messages (attached) first thing this morning.

I haven't seen any routine crashes, but the occasional timeout. Perhaps less than once a month.

[I have previously reported these spurious messages to EUMETSAT and they are waiting for a response from the software provider.]

Hartmut Schulla

Hi David!
Yes. "Crashes" are also timeouts or freezes here. I have to reinsert the dongle, then all is OK!
This occcurs approx. one time per month. With the "old" client, every was OK.
Regards
Hartmut

On 28/03/2021 09:55, Hartmut Schulla via groups.io wrote:
Hi David!
Yes. "Crashes" are also timeouts or freezes here. I have to reinsert the dongle, then all is OK!
This occcurs approx. one time per month. With the "old" client, every was OK.
Regards
Hartmut
Hartmut,

Nothing specific, but check that the USB power settings aren't allowing USB devices to be powered down if they are deemed to be inactive.

I suggest reporting this to EUMETSAT in case it's a known issue.

Hartmut Schulla

Hi David!
Thank you for the hint! I will look ...