Topics

Double tuner in T1/T2

Esko Petaja

Hello

I am just updating my systems. Is it possible to use double tuner capability of devices to receive from both transponders T1/T2 with same  card. ??

TBS-6903/6908 or SR 1

Br. Esko Petäjä

Ernst Lobsiger

Hello

Double tuner with T1+T2 reception is possible with 1 TBS-6903 even with a single cable.
TBS-6908 is like 2 x TBS-6903 (overkill, up to 4 transponders like T1 or T2 possible).

An SR1 can only receive 1 transponder of the EUMETCast T1 or T2 kind (with ACM/VCM).
So you need 2 SR1 for T1+T2 and 2 LNB cables or 1 LNB cable and a HF power splitter.

Am 24.10.2020 10:25, schrieb Esko Petaja:

Hello
I am just updating my systems. Is it possible to use double tuner
capability of devices to receive from both transponders T1/T2 with
same  card. ??
TBS-6903/6908 or SR 1
Br. Esko Petäjä

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Hello

I am just updating my systems. Is it possible to use double tuner capability of devices to receive from both transponders T1/T2 with same card. ??

TBS-6903/6908 or SR 1

Br. Esko Petäjä
==============================

Esko,

Yes, I'm using a TBS6903 PCIe card in a PC receiving both T1/HVS-1 and T2/HVS-2 (likely it would do BAS as well but I have no need in that PC). It's in the single-cable configuration. Works well, but the TBS IP reception software continually crashed that Windows-10 PC, so I use BDADataEx instead. It doesn't stretch that PC much - it's receive-only supply a limited subset of HVS-1 data (GOES-16/17 and Himawari) over the house network.

https://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/performance_lund.php

SR1 - one transponder only.

73,
David GM8ARV

Esko Petaja

On Sat, Oct 24, 2020 at 11:58 AM, David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺 wrote:
It's in the single-cable configuration.
Hello David.

What you means as singe cable connection. How it can work, because T1 and T2 has different Frequency. ?
Also from Software point of view maybe also 2 instances are needed ?

I did not find any instruction from Eumetsat documentation

I have Quard LNB but at this moment only 2 cables.

In smaller Dish  i have also Dual  LNB wit 2 cables.

Br. Esko  P

Ernst Lobsiger

On Sun, Oct 25, 2020 at 03:56 AM, Esko Petaja wrote:
What you means as singe cable connection. How it can work, because T1 and T2 has different Frequency. ?
Also from Software point of view maybe also 2 instances are needed ?
Esko

It works with a single cable because T1 and T2 are in the same band (high/low) and polarisation (H/V).
The TBS-6903 has two tuners and demodulators to pick out the exact frequencies. Two instances of the
tellicast client must run of course. This works fine under Windows and GNU/Linux.

Esko

Two instances is for HVS-1 + HVS-2 as described by David. But you can even take
all three services with a single cable and then must run 3 TelliCast client instances.

Ernst

Esko Petaja

Hello

Thanks, What about BDADataEx do you need to have 2 instances or how you are doing tuning of 2 frequencies ?

Another Question:

About telicast. i have been wondering that currently i need to set interface address to 0.0.0.0 instead
of IP of SR1 or Satellite card. No you know any reason for that ?

Br. Esko P

Ernst Lobsiger

Esko

I'm on GNU/Linux. But David has a description of single cable operation here:

https://www.satsignal.eu/wxsat/dvb-s2/T1-T2.html

Maybe it's not exactly up to date but the Windows community can/will help you.

Ernst

Esko Petaja

Hello all

I have card running but did not find adtap.bat Script
and SR-Terst.exe

Where i can find them ?

Br. Esko P

  • First you should install the BDADataEx software, and with the TBS device connected you should see one "TAP" adapter in the network section of the Device Manager.

  • Then run the addtap.bat script to allow access to the second tuner on the TBS6903 card.  Run this script with Admin privileges.  You should then see two TAP devices.

  • Connect the signal input to the A tuner.  Nothing is connected to the B tuner.

  • There is a program SR-Test.exe which connects the single RF feed to the two tuners in parallel.

  • Run the following script with Admin privilege.  I set the script to run at Windows start-up.

C:
PUSHD \Tools\BDADataEx

SR-Test.exe
timeout 5