delayed processing problem

Lawrence <lawrence@...>

I have consistently noticed a problem after I use 'stop' to pause
routine processing of MSG-1 data files. I use 'stop' just before I am
about to take an h.r.p.t. pass, in order to allow the HD full access for
the realtime saved data. About 15 minutes later, I then click 'start'.
I have noticed at this point that quite often the files check and
sequence processing goes awry. Sometimes a save of the previous
partially constructed image is performed, even though all the data is
ready for processing. The program then continues to process the
remainder of the image but with the first piece missing. This happens
with several of the images in the current sequence. All is usually back
to normal after this hiccup.

I am using the .297 version.

Lawrence Harris

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

--- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, Lawrence <lawrence@a...> wrote:
I have consistently noticed a problem after I use 'stop' to pause
routine processing of MSG-1 data files. I use 'stop' just before I
am about to take an h.r.p.t. pass, in order to allow the HD full
access for the realtime saved data. About 15 minutes later, I then
click 'start'. I have noticed at this point that quite often the
files check and sequence processing goes awry. Sometimes a save of
the previous partially constructed image is performed, even though
all the data is ready for processing. The program then continues to
process the remainder of the image but with the first piece
missing. This happens with several of the images in the current
sequence. All is usually back to normal after this hiccup.

I am using the .297 version.

Lawrence Harris
Can't explain that one Lawrence, unless the HRPT system is doing
something to the Receiver PC's timing, causing the sequence to go
awry. Noone else has reported anything similar. Files are supposed
to be processed in strict as received order, and you could check
this by looking at the Process.log file.

Another reason for a separate receiver PC where possible.

Guy Martin <agm@...>

I regularly stop and start MDM, as it is running on an amd 1200 with only 512Mb ram and processing goes to 100% for up to 15 secs, so I can have a freed up machine for other work. When I re-start MDM it picks up exactly where it left off with no problem whatsoever.

Cheers, Guy

> I have consistently noticed a problem after I use 'stop' to pause
routine processing of MSG-1 data files. I use 'stop' just before I
am about to take an h.r.p.t. pass, in order to allow the HD full
access for the realtime saved data. About 15 minutes later, I then
click 'start'. I have noticed at this point that quite often the
files check and sequence processing goes awry. Sometimes a save of
the previous partially constructed image is performed, even though
all the data is ready for processing. The program then continues to
process the remainder of the image but with the first piece
missing. This happens with several of the images in the current
sequence. All is usually back to normal after this hiccup.

> I am using the .297 version.
>
> Lawrence Harris

Can't explain that one Lawrence, unless the HRPT system is doing
something to the Receiver PC's timing, causing the sequence to go
awry. Noone else has reported anything similar. Files are supposed
to be processed in strict as received order, and you could check
this by looking at the Process.log file.

Another reason for a separate receiver PC where possible.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor