From: "Lawrence" <lawrence@astronomer.plus.com>
To: <MSG-1@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, January 09, 2004 2:57 PM
Subject: [MSG-1] decontamination?

I understood that decontamination lasted until 12 Jan. So how come I am
seeing infra-red imagery.....?

Lawrence
No, check the Regular Report message Lawrence. Data (ie vis) would stop at
12.00 and all data return at 13.15 UTC today (9th). In fact as David
pointed out it ran about 1 hour late. 13th January (09.00) before
calibration can be guaranteed. As expected some images (see ch 09 for
example) are not nominal at the moment.... but great to see IR back
particularly for this time of the year at northern latitudes.

--- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, Lawrence <lawrence@a...> wrote:
I understood that decontamination lasted until 12 Jan. So how
come I am seeing infra-red imagery.....?

Lawrence, I presume that until the detectors and the rest of the
satellite stabilise at normal operating temperatures, the thermal
calibration won't be correct. Plus presumably there may be gases
around the satellite etc. Perhaps Eumetsat need to confirm the
calibration as well?