Topics

Dartcom Receiver

Graham Errington

I have the opportunity to buy a Dartcom Satellite receiver, 136-138 Mhz for weather satellites. There isn't anything on it to identify which model it might be. Knowing a bit about its provenance I know it is an older model but it is in very good condition.

The problem I have is I don't know how to connect it to my computer, there is a DIN socket on the back which is where all the connections will feed into, I've been told that there are two connections for a tape recorder and one for the computer.

Does anyone know what the wiring diagram is for the DIN plug and as I don't have a tape recorder anymore can it be connected to a digital recorder or is it really necessary and could I just dispense with this. I assume that the end of the connections are audio plugs to connect to the computer etc.

Also which is the recommended software for displaying the images/maps.

Graham

diogenes1@...

I bought a receiver motherboard and components, for self assembly, from Dartcom, see the attached image. If this is the same as the unit you have I can let you have the documentation.

--
Securely sent with Tutanota. Get your own encrypted, ad-free mailbox:
https://tutanota.com

Graham Errington

I’ll open it up later and have a look and get back to you then.

Thanks,
Graham

On 1 Jul 2019, at 16:30, diogenes1@... wrote:

I bought a receiver motherboard and components, for self assembly, from Dartcom, see the attached image. If this is the same as the unit you have I can let you have the documentation.

--
Securely sent with Tutanota. Get your own encrypted, ad-free mailbox:
<Dartcom motherboard.JPG>

Graham Errington

I have opened the receiver up and it's not exactly the same but quite a few of the components used are the same.

Would you be able to scan what you have and send it to me, it might help.

Graham

On Monday, 1 July 2019, 16:30:10 BST, diogenes1@... <diogenes1@...> wrote:

I bought a receiver motherboard and components, for self assembly, from Dartcom, see the attached image. If this is the same as the unit you have I can let you have the documentation.

--
Securely sent with Tutanota. Get your own encrypted, ad-free mailbox:
https://tutanota.com

Robert Denton

On 04/07/2019 20:26, Rob wrote:

On 01/07/2019 15:50, Graham Errington wrote:

[...]

Thanks Rob.

Graham

On 7 Jul 2019, at 15:08, Robert Denton <rob@...> wrote:

On 04/07/2019 20:26, Rob wrote:

[...]

<System II RX DIN.bmp>

Robert Denton

Hi Graham,

I would have replied sooner but my email was not working. I just reverted back to win 7 from win 10 on all three of my pc's, can't be doing with all the latest systems. I might add that the Dartcom system you were  posting is a system 1 recvr and does not receive all the latest sat frequencies. I have a sat II rcvr but just recently upgraded to the APT-06 as I have the same problem with frequencies and my R2FU got damaged in the house move. If You have any questions I would be happy to help.

Rob.G4YRZ

On 04/07/2019 20:26, Rob wrote:

[...]

I was surprised to find that information is limited on the Dartcom receiver when looking on the internet and I wanted to keep sure I knew what to do with it and was I doing the right thing in buying it.
I have the unit on loan so I can have a play around with it in order to make up my mind, I'm hoping that I will have a turnstile antenna up later this week and at the very least sea if it is receiving the weather satellites okay.
My other concern was would it have a limited lifespan in relation to the satellites available.

Graham

Don Williams

WXtoIimg  from sandysoft

[...]

Sorry it should have been WXtoimg

[...]

Don,

I've been looking for software and like yourself I'm struggling with the WXtoIimg software, I find pages where it loads but it never completes as there is a problem. That was until this evening when following a response to my post I looked on the Wraase Electronic website where I was able to download WXtoIimg.

Go down to the section headed Technical Data it's on the right in the links and downloads box.

https://www.wraase.de/hardware/apt-06/

Graham

Don Williams

Hi Graham.
Im using Version 2.9.8.a. I don't have any problems with it,
you can run the free version. must be 20years I have used it.can be awkward
at first getting all the options to suit myself.I have no5 of the original kit sold by Dartcom.,and the
commercial from Dartcom, the pager filtering is better than the kit, I have the circuits for the kit.
Les Hamiltons article, Ihad up to recently all the RIG (remote imaging group) from issue 1 when
I joined them.
Best Wishes
Don

I've been looking for software and like yourself I'm struggling with the WXtoIimg software, I find pages where it loads but it never completes as there is a problem. That was until this evening when following a response to my post I looked on the Wraase Electronic website where I was able to download WXtoIimg.

Go down to the section headed Technical Data it's on the right in the links and downloads box.

https://www.wraase.de/hardware/apt-06/

Graham

Robert Denton

The satellites availaable should last a couple of years or more - who knows? , but it didn't stop me buying a new APT receiver. Up to You!!!

Regards

Rob G4YRZ

On 07/07/2019 17:51, Graham Errington wrote:
Thanks Rob,

I was surprised to find that information is limited on the Dartcom receiver when looking on the internet and I wanted to keep sure I knew what to do with it and was I doing the right thing in buying it.
I have the unit on loan so I can have a play around with it in order to make up my mind, I'm hoping that I will have a turnstile antenna up later this week and at the very least sea if it is receiving the weather satellites okay.
My other concern was would it have a limited lifespan in relation to the satellites available.

Graham

Graham Errington

Rob,

I'm only just finding out about working and receiving satellites so probably just a bit cautious, I will buy it providing it works okay.

I like the look of the APT receiver that you have.

Graham