Configuration File

Vincenzo Mone

Hello to the list,

Thanks to David, I have sent an email to Eumetsat asking for the configuration file

Fr my SR1. They sent me a link with several ones.

Please anybody can tell me which is the correct one to receive both BAS and HVS-1 Signals?

Thanks

73 de Enzo IK8OZV
EasyLog 5 BetaTester
EasyLog PDA BetaTester
WinBollet BetaTester
D.C.I. CheckPoint Regione Campania
Skype: ik8ozv8520

      *********************************

      ******   GSM  +39 328 7110193  ******

      *****     SMS  +39 328 7110193    *****

      *********************************

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

On 18/08/2021 10:57, Vincenzo Mone wrote:
Hello to the list,
Thanks to David, I have sent an email to Eumetsat asking for the configuration file
Fr my SR1. They sent me a link with several ones.
Please anybody can tell me which is the correct one to receive both BAS and HVS-1 Signals?
If you have two Ethernet leads to your SR1:
MC OFF, HVS-ENA

I don't recommend sending the data over the management port as it may swap your LAN and possibly your Wi-Fi.

Ciao,

Vincenzo Mone

Thanks David,
but apologise I did not understood what you mean?
I have just one Ethernet lead and to send the cfg file to the SR1 I will use the USB Port.
I hope is this what you mean.
So finally which is the correct cfg file to use?
Thanks in advance

73 de Enzo IK8OZV
EasyLog 5 BetaTester
EasyLog PDA BetaTester
WinBollet BetaTester
D.C.I. CheckPoint Regione Campania
Skype: ik8ozv8520

*********************************
****** GSM +39 328 7110193 ******
***** SMS +39 328 7110193 *****
*********************************

GM8ARV ?????????????? ???? via groups.io
Inviato: mercoledì 18 agosto 2021 12:51
A: MSG-1@groups.io
Oggetto: Re: [MSG-1] Configuration File

On 18/08/2021 12:22, Vincenzo Mone wrote:
Thanks David,
but apologise I did not understood what you mean?
I have just one Ethernet lead and to send the cfg file to the SR1 I will use the USB Port.
I hope is this what you mean.
So finally which is the correct cfg file to use?
Thanks in advance
73 de Enzo IK8OZV
This is not a configuration I recommend, but in that case you want the file:

CONNECTED
i.e. you want the data to be connected to the the management port.

HVS_ENA
i.e. you want the HVS ENAbled.

You will need to set the management port IP address to something suitable for your network, likely you already know what this is.

Ciao,

Vincenzo Mone

Apologise David,
you said that is not the file you have recommend so please which is the correct one?

Also you said to set the Management IP address.
You mean to set it in the network card? If yes I have tried to set to 192.168.10.150 but without success.
I have also tried with 192.168.10.99 and even here without success
Thanks

73's de Enzo IK8OZV

On 18/08/2021 16:15, Vincenzo Mone wrote:
Apologise David,
you said that is not the file you have recommend so please which is the correct one?
Also you said to set the Management IP address.
You mean to set it in the network card? If yes I have tried to set to 192.168.10.150 but without success.
I have also tried with 192.168.10.99 and even here without success
Thanks
73's de Enzo IK8OZV
No, Enzo. I said that I did not recommend sending the EUMETCast data over the management port, but unless you have a second network interface on your PC you have no other choice.

You will need to know the IP address of your house network (192.168.n.m) to set an appropriate address for your management port. Ask your network administrator.

Good luck!

Ciao,

Vincenzo Mone

Thanks David,
Just to have a confirm.
Can you please tell me in which port of the SR1 has to be the network cable? If not mistaken should be the Traffic port.
And the end of the cable that comes from the SR1 has to be plugged into a network card or in the router?
I have actually the router plugged in the main board network plug and have added a new network card for the SR1 but I have a doubt that the SR1 has to be plugged into the added network card or it has to go into the router.
Please can you clear my mind?
Thanks in advance.

About the IP address of my house network you do you mean?

If you mean the network where the router is plugged it is:

192.168.1.2

If you mean the added  network card I have set as:

192.168.10.150

On 18/08/2021 19:49, Vincenzo Mone wrote:
Thanks David,
Just to have a confirm.
Can you please tell me in which port of the SR1 has to be the network cable? If not mistaken should be the Traffic port.
And the end of the cable that comes from the SR1 has to be plugged into a network card or in the router?
I have actually the router plugged in the main board network plug and have added a new network card for the SR1 but I have a doubt that the SR1 has to be plugged into the added network card or it has to go into the router.
Please can you clear my mind?
Thanks in advance.
About the IP address of my house network you do you mean?
If you mean the network where the router is plugged it is:
192.168.1.2
If you mean the added  network card I have set as:
192.168.10.150
Thanks
<http://itunes.apple.com/app/id533886215>
73's de Enzo IK8OZV
Enzo,

I am confused, you are telling me different things from before.

If you want to use both BAS and HVS-1 you need a separate network card plugged into your PC, and connect that to the Traffic port on the SR1. Use the configuration shown in section 9.2.1.1 of the EUMETSAT Guide.

Use the main network card on your PC connected to the router, and connect the Management port on the SR1 to your router as well. The router I call the "House network".

Caio,

Vincenzo Mone

Apologize David,
now i am confused.
If I understood I need to connect both the ports on the SR1:

The Management Pot connected to one port of the router
And the Traffic port connected to the added Network card

Is that correct?

Reading the guide how you said at section 9.2.1.1 I read:

One of the reception host NICs is set to a static IP: 192.168.10.103
Do I need to set this IP somewhere?
And finally I read:

Into recv.ini: interface_address=192.168.10.103

Where to set this IP as we do not have any more the recv.ini file?
Do I have to set it in both
cast-client_bas.ini and
cast-client_hvs-1.ini

Again thanks a lot for your understanding and patience

73 de Enzo IK8OZV
EasyLog 5 BetaTester
EasyLog PDA BetaTester
WinBollet BetaTester
D.C.I. CheckPoint Regione Campania
Skype: ik8ozv8520

*********************************
****** GSM +39 328 7110193 ******
***** SMS +39 328 7110193 *****
*********************************

GM8ARV ?????????????? ???? via groups.io
Inviato: giovedì 19 agosto 2021 07:25
A: MSG-1@groups.io

On 19/08/2021 08:04, Vincenzo Mone wrote:
Apologize David,
now i am confused.
If I understood I need to connect both the ports on the SR1:
The Management Pot connected to one port of the router
And the Traffic port connected to the added Network card
Is that correct?
Yes

Reading the guide how you said at section 9.2.1.1 I read:
One of the reception host NICs is set to a static IP: 192.168.10.103
Do I need to set this IP somewhere?
The Windows command-line command ipconfig will show the address to which the added NIC is set. If it shows 192.168.10.103, that's fine.

And finally I read:
Into recv.ini: interface_address=192.168.10.103
Where to set this IP as we do not have any more the recv.ini file?
Do I have to set it in both
cast-client_bas.ini and
cast-client_hvs-1.ini
Again thanks a lot for your understanding and patience
73 de Enzo IK8OZV
Yes, in the client...ini files.

This assumes that the SR1 is set to network 10, so it has an IP address of:
192.168.10.<something>

where <something> is a number between 1 and 254, and not equal to 103.

Vincenzo Mone

Thanks David,

I still cannot understand what am I missing.

I have connected the Traffic port to the Added Network Card.

I have connected the Management port to the Router.

I have set the added Network card as:

This is what I get  with the ipconfig command:

The two ini files are set as:

And this is as set in the SR1 as Network:;

But I get always the icon for HVS-1 yellow while the bas one is white:

Thanks a lot

73 de Enzo IK8OZV

EasyLog 5 BetaTester

EasyLog PDA BetaTester

WinBollet BetaTester

D.C.I. CheckPoint Regione Campania

Skype: ik8ozv8520

      *********************************

      ******   GSM  +39 328 7110193  ******

      *****     SMS  +39 328 7110193    *****

      *********************************

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

On 19/08/2021 12:24, Vincenzo Mone wrote:
Thanks David,
I still cannot understand what am I missing.
I have connected the Traffic port to the Added Network Card.
I have connected the Management port to the Router.
I have set the added Network card as:
HVS-1 announcement channel is wrong, should be:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[announcement_channel]
address=224.223.223.223:4711
name=TSL-HVS-1
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For the network configuration, the Management must be an IP on your house network, connected to the router, so 192.168.1.<something>, and the LAN IP Address must be on the extra NIC network so 192.168.10.<something>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1. Management IP Address 192.168.1.<something>
2. Management IP Mask 255.255.255.0
3. Management Ethernet Address =========
4. Management IP Multicast Off
5. Management DSCP 0
6. Management VLAN ID 0
7. Management Default Gateway 192.168.1.1
8. Management DHCP Client Off
9. Management Port State Enabled

A. LAN IP Address 192.168.10.101 (for example)
B. LAN IP Mask 255.255.255.0
C. LAN Ethernet Address ==========
D. LAN IP Multicast On
E. Router IP Address 192.168.10.100
F. LAN DHCP Client Off
G. ARP Management

H. Air IP Address 192.168.1.161
I. Air Ethernet Address ===========
J. Isolate Networks Isolated
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope that helps!

Ciao,

Vincenzo Mone

Hello David,
unfortunately it did not work.
I have set as you said in the example but no luck.
The problem to me are the various IP address that I cannot understand which one to put.
When you say:

For the network configuration, the Management must be an IP on your
house network, connected to the router, so 192.168.1.<something>, and the
LAN IP Address must be on the extra NIC network so
192.168.10.<something>

How to know which are the ones I need?
It is the one I see when I give the ipconfig command in the MS-DOS prompt?
Thanks

73 de Enzo IK8OZV
EasyLog 5 BetaTester
EasyLog PDA BetaTester
WinBollet BetaTester
D.C.I. CheckPoint Regione Campania
Skype: ik8ozv8520

*********************************
****** GSM +39 328 7110193 ******
***** SMS +39 328 7110193 *****
*********************************

GM8ARV ?????????????? ???? via groups.io
Inviato: giovedì 19 agosto 2021 16:03
A: MSG-1@groups.io

On 19/08/2021 15:36, Vincenzo Mone wrote:
Hello David,
unfortunately it did not work.
I have set as you said in the example but no luck.
The problem to me are the various IP address that I cannot understand which one to put.
When you say:
For the network configuration, the Management must be an IP on your
house network, connected to the router, so 192.168.1.<something>, and the
LAN IP Address must be on the extra NIC network so
192.168.10.<something>
How to know which are the ones I need?
It is the one I see when I give the ipconfig command in the MS-DOS prompt?
Thanks
73 de Enzo IK8OZV
You need to ask the person who manages your network, or seek advise from someone with networking knowledge. I cannot guess what IP numbers might be free, or which are allocated to DHCP in your configuration.

The .10 address for the Traffic port, and for your extra LAN card, seem OK.

73,
David GM8ARV

Alan Curnow

Hi Vincenzo,

I am using a similar setup as you with the second network card (actually a USB3 - Gigabit Ethernet module) on the receive PC connected to the SR1 Traffic port and a USB2 cable connected to the SR1 Control port using PuTTY to configure the SR1.

I don't know if you have the most up to date EUMETCast document on the SR1 setup. It's not available from EUMETSat site anymore it seems, and the downloads from other archive sites are old versions. I've uploaded it to Mediafire and you can download it by this link

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ib216ew658atjzy/Ayecka_SR1_DVB_Receiver_EUMETCast_Setup_Guide_v4A.pdf/file

It goes through all the setup stages you've been doing in detail and it seems you have IP addresses for the Management and LAN IP on the SR1 configuration reversed. I have mine set up as on page 11 of the document. Not sure whether this is critical, but I had trouble communicating with my SR1 unless they were set as in the document.

The SR1 doesn't need to know the IP address of the second network card on your PC you're using to connect to the SR1 traffic port. Just the tellicast cast-client_bas.ini and cast-client_hvs-1.ini files need that set in the Parameters/Interface Setting as you've already done. As you've already done all the required IP addresses to talk to the SR1 need to be in the range 192.168.10.xxx. Not sure what the 'Air IP Address' is in the SR1 Network configuration setup, but it's left as in the document, and how you've set it.

Also to receive HVS-1 and the Basic service together you need to modify the MODCODS filter under option H of the SR1 System menu, as detailed on page 14 of the document. By default I believe it may only be enabled for the Basic service to save unnecessary traffic if you aren't using the High Volume Service.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,
Alan

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

On 20/08/2021 00:29, Alan Curnow wrote:
[]
I don't know if you have the most up to date EUMETCast document on the SR1 setup. It's not available from EUMETSat site anymore it seems, and the downloads from other archive sites are old versions.
[]
Cheers,
Alan
The document is on the EUMETSAT site here:

https://www.eumetsat.int/media/45995

Yes, it /was/ a struggle to find it!

On 20/08/2021 00:29, Alan Curnow wrote:
The SR1 doesn't need to know the IP address of the second network card on your PC you're using to connect to the SR1 traffic port..
.. but the second NIC and the SR1 must be on the same network, such as 192.168.10.x, and the to addresses must be different in the "x" part.

This has all been written up so many times - I am disappointed that it is occupying so much traffic on the group.

Philip Robinson

Vincenzo
I hope you are making progress.
I have attached screenshot of my configuration of SR1 and the cast clients file  of BAS and HVS-1. You may be able to find something in there that helps. As you know i receive BAS and HVS-1 through my SR1.
Philip

Philip Robinson

Vincenzo
and my network information of SR1. Yours will be different but there may be something in there that helps.
Good luck
Philip

Philip Robinson

Vincenzo
and finally the Ethernet TCP/IPv4 properties screenshot
Thats all i can do as i think more experienced on here may sort will hopefully sort you out
Philip