Topics

CLAI image

g0fsm@...

Guys,

Has anyone else picked up a circular outine on the 1145 and 1445 CLAI
images? I'm assuming that's the sun causing it? I have the same outline
on yesterdays images as well. I only have 3 days worh of images to go
back over.

John

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Guys,

Has anyone else picked up a circular outine on the 1145 and 1445
CLAI images? I'm assuming that's the sun causing it? I have the same
outline on yesterdays images as well. I only have 3 days worh of
images to go back over.

John
Same here. I presume that some part of the cloud classification
algorithm includes the condition "solar zenith angle must be less
than 80 degrees".

Robert Moore

I have had this from the beginning of the transmission of the image.

Robert

Quoting g0fsm@...:

Guys,

Has anyone else picked up a circular outine on the 1145 and 1445 CLAI
images? I'm assuming that's the sun causing it? I have the same outline
on yesterdays images as well. I only have 3 days worh of images to go
back over.

John

Professor Robert Moore
Department of Sociology, Social Policy