Channels configuration file

Hamdan

Hi,

Anyone know how to manage the channels in the "cast_client_channels_bas.ini" file? like turning off a channel that I wish to stop receive.

Regards
Hamdan

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

On 22/01/2022 10:01, Hamdan via groups.io wrote:
Hi,

Anyone know how to manage the channels in the "cast_client_channels_bas.ini"
file? like turning off a channel that I wish to stop receive.

Regards
Hamdan
Comment out the lines for that channel with the "#" symbol:

# [channel]
# name=EPS-11
# target_directory=F:\EUMETCast\received\bas\EPS-11

Alan Curnow

It's also worth commenting out the default entry near the bottom of the ini file too, as this will save any subscribed data which doesn't match any of the previously specified channels in the ini file.

#[channel]
#name=*
#target_directory=D:\EUMETCast\received\default

Cheers,
Alan

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

On 22/01/2022 15:30, Alan Curnow wrote:
It's also worth commenting out the default entry near the bottom of the ini
file too, as this will save any subscribed data which doesn't match any of the
previously specified channels in the ini file.

#[channel]
#name=*
#target_directory=D:\EUMETCast\received\default

Cheers,
Alan
Yes, an excellent idea! In some respects, it might be better to start with
everything commented out and just enable what you want. Just imagine the
support calls, though!

Hamdan

it worked.
Thanks David.