Topics

CelesTrak connection (WXTrack)

Ulrich G. Kliegis

Hi,
In the past days, any attempt to update Keplers with the Updater tool contained in
WXTrack is terminated.

I get a Socket Error # 10054 - Connection reset by peer error.

Bug, feature, ... ? Did I miss an update?

Two weeks ago, it still did work.

Cheers,
Ulli

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Hi,
In the past days, any attempt to update Keplers with the Updater tool contained in
WXTrack is terminated.

I get a Socket Error # 10054 - Connection reset by peer error.

Bug, feature, ... ? Did I miss an update?

Two weeks ago, it still did work.

Cheers,
Ulli
================================

It's working here, Ulli, Just checked.
Is the URL set to: "http://www.celestrak.com/NORAD/elements/" ?

Ulrich G. Kliegis

Von: "David J Taylor via groups.io"
<david-taylor=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io>
Datum: Wed, 27 May 2020 11:11:28 +0100

It's working here, Ulli, Just checked.
Is the URL set to: "http://www.celestrak.com/NORAD/elements/" ?
Exactly sic.

Cheers,

Ulli

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

It's working here, Ulli, Just checked.
Is the URL set to: "http://www.celestrak.com/NORAD/elements/" ?
Exactly sic.

Cheers,

Ulli
=============================

So is it working now?

geojohnt@...

Hello Ulrich,

Just to say that I am still using WXtrack V3.8.46.1071 2019-Apr-22 and have just updated my keps via the WXtrack Options > Update Keplers > WXtrack - Update Keplers from the Internet, window.

Best wishes,
John.

++++++++++++++++++++++++

In the past days, any attempt to update Keplers with the Updater tool contained in
WXTrack is terminated.

I get a Socket Error # 10054 - Connection reset by peer error.

Bug, feature, ... ? Did I miss an update?

Two weeks ago, it still did work.

Cheers,
Ulli

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Ulrich G. Kliegis

Hello John,
Thanks for your comment. First, I stumbled over your remark 'Options', then went
there, updated, no problems.

My habit, though, was to use the Keplerupdater tool in the Tools department. There
I keep getting the 10054 error. The log window says it starts the program ('Program
Start'), then 'Get active list', but instead of doing that and closing, it issues the error
message. Before that, i.e., some days ago, the 'Run' button became clickable after
a few seconds and allowed to update all data. No more so.

Cheers,
U.

[...]

===================================

Ulli,

The Kepler Updater was already updated to handle this problem. Are you using the 2020-May-14 version? If not, please download and test it.

Ulrich G. Kliegis

Von: "David J Taylor via groups.io"
<david-taylor=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io>
An: <MSG-1@groups.io>
Datum: Wed, 27 May 2020 19:41:24 +0100
Antwort an: <MSG-1@groups.io>

The Kepler Updater was already updated to handle this problem. Are
you
using the 2020-May-14 version? If not, please download and test
it.
Ahhhhhh! No, I was not aware yet of that. Never touch a running system. From the
system's point of view - don't ever stop running! I'll get the update, thanks, sounds
like that one is solved.

Cheers,
U.

Ulrich G. Kliegis

Von: "David J Taylor via groups.io"
<david-taylor=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io>
An: <MSG-1@groups.io>
Datum: Wed, 27 May 2020 19:41:24 +0100
Antwort an: <MSG-1@groups.io>

The Kepler Updater was already updated to handle this problem. Are
you
using the 2020-May-14 version? If not, please download and test
it.
Done, solved. Thanks!

Cheers,
U.