Big changes in the new year I see

James Brown

Dear EUMETCast Europe User,

The EUMETCast Europe Basic Service channels will be reorganised in the first quarter of 2022.

The main reason for this reorganisation is to optimise the bandwidth usage on EUMETCast Europe First Transponder (E10A-C4) by reducing the capacity allocated to the Basic Service.

As part of the reorganisation, channels will be renamed in a more meaningful way, following a specific convention.

In order to allow users to change their setup and migrate from the old to the new channels as smoothly as possible, the change will be implemented in three phases, from 1 February to 22 March 2022.

For full details, see our related web news: EUMETCast Basic Service channels reorganisation | EUMETSAT

With best regards, 

EUMETSAT User Service

Cheers,
James

Douglas Deans

On 04/11/2021 12:28, James Brown wrote:
Dear EUMETCast Europe User,
The EUMETCast Europe Basic Service channels will be reorganised in the first quarter of 2022.
The main reason for this reorganisation is to optimise the bandwidth usage on EUMETCast Europe First Transponder (E10A-C4) by reducing the capacity allocated to the Basic Service.
As part of the reorganisation, channels will be renamed in a more meaningful way, following a specific convention.
In order to allow users to change their setup and migrate from the old to the new channels as smoothly as possible, the change will be implemented in three phases, from 1 February to 22 March 2022.
For full details, see our related web news: EUMETCast Basic Service channels reorganisation | EUMETSAT <https://www.eumetsat.int/eumetcast-basic-service-channels-reorganisation>
With best regards,
EUMETSAT User Service
Cheers,
James
=============================================================================================

Yes I was reading about that James.
Hopefully will make things more logical and will definitely exercise my ageing brain !

Thanks,
Douglas.

James Brown

Agree about the taxing of the grey cells! Keep having to relearn stuff when I haven’t changed things for a while!
Cheers,
James

Yes I was reading about that James.
Hopefully will make things more logical and will definitely exercise my ageing brain !

Thanks,
Douglas.