Topics

BDADataEx...help....

Philip Robinson

Hi
I thought i would have a try with the BDADataEx  with the TBS6903 and am i confused
Oh i wish there was an easy to flow manual.
I am setting up on tuner0
I have a green lock. Signal quality85% and Level99%  RF Level -46.dbM
In the MPE-Filter tab   I have a mac address 00:22:AB:F1:3E:E4.  Do I leave that as it is or click on HardwareMAC or MAC from IP.
I have Multicast-PID at the default setting 8192 and lots of kb showing in Total rate

Questions for help please
How do i add PID`s such as for  HVS-1  PID600 and PID601
Where do you then look for the data , where are the folders(i have permission from EumetSat for the downloads)
I presume you have one BDADataEx for HVS-1 and then open another  BDADataEx for HVS-2

I have attached a few screen copies from the configuration of BDADataEx

Philip Robinson

Hi
I have been trying all evening to sort the problems out  i have checked previous related msgs, googled.manuals etc  but cannot seem to get any further forward ie i dont know where data is being downloaded and i seem to be getting a rate of about 46000kb/sec. With the Ayecka it was so easy to set received  folders up and direct data downloads to those folders. I just cant seem to see how you can do that with this. Obviously i am doing something wrong  ( probably easy ) .
Its so frustrating as all the hardware setting up is finished.
I feel like using TBS 6903 own software but i was informed that BDADataEX was more reliable.
thx
a very frustrated
Philip

I thought i would have a try with the BDADataEx  with the TBS6903 and am i confused
Oh i wish there was an easy to flow manual.
I am setting up on tuner0
I have a green lock. Signal quality85% and Level99%  RF Level -46.dbM
In the MPE-Filter tab   I have a mac address 00:22:AB:F1:3E:E4.  Do I leave that as it is or click on HardwareMAC or MAC from IP.
I have Multicast-PID at the default setting 8192 and lots of kb showing in Total rate

Questions for help please
How do i add PID`s such as for  HVS-1  PID600 and PID601
Where do you then look for the data , where are the folders(i have permission from EumetSat for the downloads)
I presume you have one BDADataEx for HVS-1 and then open another  BDADataEx for HVS-2

I have attached a few screen copies from the configuration of BDADataEx

Graham Woolf

Hi Philip

You dont need to worry about any of that - there is no need to set PID's or MODCOD if you dont want to.

The data flow is exactly the same as for your SR1 - its the tellicast software that governs where the data goes so just run them as normal

You just need to make sure that the interface address inside  your client_cast_hvs-1 is the same as your TAP adapter mine is 192.168.238.238

Regards

Graham

Ernst Lobsiger

On Mon, Jan 11, 2021 at 03:16 PM, Philip Robinson wrote:
Hi
I have been trying all evening to sort the problems out  i have checked previous related msgs, googled.manuals etc  but cannot seem to get any further forward ie i dont know where data is being downloaded and i seem to be getting a rate of about 46000kb/sec. With the Ayecka it was so easy to set received  folders up and direct data downloads to those folders. I just cant seem to see how you can do that with this. Obviously i am doing something wrong  ( probably easy ) .
Its so frustrating as all the hardware setting up is finished.
I feel like using TBS 6903 own software but i was informed that BDADataEX was more reliable.
thx
a very frustrated
Philip

Philip,

if you want 3 Services you have to setup 3 clients. It's as easy as that. I guess you still have the two clients for BAS and HVS-1 listening at your SR1
and no piece of software is interested what BDA-DataEx screams out into the blue. If you had setup a client for HVS-2 you should know where the
files are at least supposed to go. And you should know that this client has to listen somewhere (at the TAP interface) for incomming packets ...