Topics

bas'inni configuration.

geojohnt@...

Oh boy!

I've got TC V.2.14.4 working - well most of it.
However I've been going around in circles all afternoon trying to get the data path for Metop-A (and GAC) and Metop-B working.

I've tried permutations of my old recv channels.ini and David's bas ini but to no avail.

MDM MSG-4, MDM-IODC and MDM-RSS are working fine, as is AVHRR Manager.
Metop Managers just sit there 'waiting'.

The data path I've set in Metop Manager reflects the configuration of my ini, but no data is getting to the programmes.

???

Regards,
John Tellick.

David J Taylor

Oh boy!

I've got TC V.2.14.4 working - well most of it.
However I've been going around in circles all afternoon trying to get the data path for Metop-A (and GAC) and Metop-B working.

I've tried permutations of my old recv channels.ini and David's bas ini but to no avail.

MDM MSG-4, MDM-IODC and MDM-RSS are working fine, as is AVHRR Manager.
Metop Managers just sit there 'waiting'.

The data path I've set in Metop Manager reflects the configuration of my ini, but no data is getting to the programmes.

???

Regards,
John Tellick.
=====================================

John,

Where, exactly, is the EPS-10 entry pointing to in the channels file?
Are files accumulating there?
Where, exactly, are the entries in the Metop Managers pointing?

geojohnt@...

Well,

Would you believe it?
Past (stored) Imaging is now being processed - catching up.

I was clicking both programmes looking for GAC data - which isn't being processed and Metop images just started coming in in rapid succession.

Both Metop data paths are:

E\|EUMETCast\received\bas\default

My bas ini:
EPS-10 to EUMETCast\receive\bas\default
EPS-15 to EUMETCast\receive\bas\default

Still no GAC data.

In a message dated 24/06/2019 19:19:54 GMT Standard Time, geojohnt@... writes:

[...]

John,

Don't forget that the data isn't sent continuously. When it was one satellite, the data was dumped over Svalbard and sent out over roughly half the orbit time. When Metop-B was added there was another data dump over McMurdo (Antarctica), and with Metop-C I'm unsure of the dump schedule. BTW: did Metop-C end up in trident or tristar configuration?

https://www.eumetsat.int/website/home/Data/ServiceStatus/McMurdoOrbitDumps/index.html
https://www.eumetsat.int/website/home/TechnicalBulletins/Metop/index.html

There's a fixed delay of about a minute before the Metop Manager starts processing, and that may have added to the confusion.