Bas & HVS-1 receptions

Vincenzo Mone

Hello All,
Please I would like to know if it is possible to receive both BAS and HVS-1
at the same time using only one SR.
I am currently only getting the BAS. Please if it is possible what I need to
receive also the HVS-1????
Any help will be really appreciated

73’s de Enzo IK8OZV
EasyLog 5 BetaTester
EasyLog PDA BetaTester
WinBollet BetaTester
D.C.I. CheckPoint Regione Campania
Skype: ik8ozv8520

      *********************************
      ******  GSM  +39 328 7110193  ******
      *****  SMS  +39 328 7110193   *****
      *********************************

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

On 31/12/2020 16:06, Vincenzo Mone wrote:
Hello All,
Please I would like to know if it is possible to receive both BAS and HVS-1
at the same time using only one SR.
I am currently only getting the BAS. Please if it is possible what I need to
receive also the HVS-1????
Any help will be really appreciated
73’s de Enzo IK8OZV
Enzo - RTFM!

See:

ftp://ftp.eumetsat.int/pub/OPS/out/user/EUMETCast_Support/EUMETCast_Licence_cd/Windows/DVB_devices/Ayecka_SR1_DVB_Receiver_EUMETCast_Setup_Guide_v4A.pdf

Section: 4.5.2

geojohnt@...

Enzo,

The answer is yes and David's suggested document, which is very comprehensive, contains all you need to know.

One thing I would add is that both BS and HVS-1 are streamed via the same transponder - hence you can use one receiver.
But, you need the 'new' version of the Tellicast software client which deals with BS and HVS-1 data separately.
And you need to have applied for reception of HVS-1.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

On 31/12/2020 16:06, Vincenzo Mone wrote:
> Hello All,
> Please I would like to know if it is possible to receive both BAS and HVS-1
> at the same time using only one SR.
> I am currently only getting the BAS. Please if it is possible what I need to
> receive also the HVS-1????
> Any help will be really appreciated
>

> 73’s de Enzo IK8OZV

Enzo - RTFM!

See:

ftp://ftp.eumetsat.int/pub/OPS/out/user/EUMETCast_Support/EUMETCast_Licence_cd/Windows/DVB_devices/Ayecka_SR1_DVB_Receiver_EUMETCast_Setup_Guide_v4A.pdf

Section: 4.5.2

Vincenzo Mone

David,
I RTFM at the section you said: 4.5.2 but I could not find the answer to my questions.
What I want to know it is possible receive both BAS and HVS-1 or HVS-2 or TER-1in the same time and on the
Same Dish. If not wrong I need a dual output LN. One output to RF1 and the other to RF2.
Is it correct?

I have tried to swap the actual cable, that I use on RF1 for Bas Services on RF2 but the LED does
Not switch to green. Maybe I need to set the RF2 port.
Is it correct?

Please can you confirm my questions to clear my mind?
Thanks

73’s de Enzo IK8OZV
EasyLog 5 BetaTester
EasyLog PDA BetaTester
WinBollet BetaTester
D.C.I. CheckPoint Regione Campania
Skype: ik8ozv8520

*********************************
****** GSM +39 328 7110193 ******
***** SMS +39 328 7110193 *****
*********************************

GM8ARV ?????????????? ???? via groups.io
Inviato: giovedì 31 dicembre 2020 18:07
A: MSG-1@groups.io
Oggetto: Re: [MSG-1] Bas & HVS-1 receptions

On 26/01/2021 19:40, Vincenzo Mone wrote:
David,
I RTFM at the section you said: 4.5.2 but I could not find the answer to my questions.
What I want to know it is possible receive both BAS and HVS-1 or HVS-2 or TER-1in the same time and on the
Same Dish. If not wrong I need a dual output LN. One output to RF1 and the other to RF2.
Is it correct?
I have tried to swap the actual cable, that I use on RF1 for Bas Services on RF2 but the LED does
Not switch to green. Maybe I need to set the RF2 port.
Is it correct?
Please can you confirm my questions to clear my mind?
Thanks
Yes, one dish handles both BAS, HVS-1 and HVS-2.

Either: dual output and two receivers

Or: single output and a dual receiver such as the TBS6903.

Ayecka SR1 receivers only take either BAS/HVS-1 or HVS-2. I've not used an SR1 for both BAS and HVS-1 so that information needs to be checked. Only RF1 is activated for EUMETCast.

Ciao,

Philip Robinson

Hi
My SR1 receives BAS and HVS-1 and my TBS6903 receives HVS-2 and works
perfectly.. all from one line in from dish.
regards
Philip

[...]

David
-- SatSignal Software - Quality software for you

https://www.avg.com

Philip Robinson

Hi
just to add i used a splitter and one cable to the TBS6903 and the other to the SR1
regards
Philip

[...]

So I cannot receive both BAS, HVS-1 and HVS-2 with just 1 SR1????
Thanks

73’s de Enzo IK8OZV
EasyLog 5 BetaTester
EasyLog PDA BetaTester
WinBollet BetaTester
D.C.I. CheckPoint Regione Campania
Skype: ik8ozv8520

*********************************
****** GSM +39 328 7110193 ******
***** SMS +39 328 7110193 *****
*********************************

GM8ARV ?????????????? ???? via groups.io
Inviato: martedì 26 gennaio 2021 21:04
A: MSG-1@groups.io

[...]

Philip,
please what you mean all from one line in from dish?
Did you use both output RF1 an d RF2 of the SR1??

Did you use an Dual output LNB???
Please can you explain me how to do maybe off the list to not create a lot of messages?
Thanks in advance

[...]

There is only one line from the dish and I use a splitter and  then use one of the cables to the RF1 input at the SR1 for BAS and HVS-1 , and the other cable to the TBS6903 PCIcard for HVS-2.  I had a lot of help on here to get it all working and just glad to give a little advice back..although I am not too technical. Hope that reassures that it does work.

I was advised to use the SR1 for BAS and the TBS6903 for HVS-1 and HVS-2  , so it seems to work either way but I already had BAS and HVS-1 set up on my SR1 so I just used the other cable to the TBS6903 for HVS-2.

Regards

Philip

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

please what you mean all from one line in from dish?
Did you use both output RF1 an d RF2 of the SR1??

Did you use an Dual output LNB???
Please can you explain me how to do maybe off the list to not create a lot of messages?
Thanks in advance

73’s de Enzo IK8OZV
EasyLog 5 BetaTester
EasyLog PDA BetaTester
WinBollet BetaTester
D.C.I. CheckPoint Regione Campania
Skype: ik8ozv8520

      *********************************
      ******   GSM  +39 328 7110193  ******
      *****     SMS  +39 328 7110193    *****
      *********************************

Philip Robinson

Hi Vimone
1. You only require one dish. Mine is 1.25metres.
2. You do not require a dual output as only one cable is needed to the
receivers.
3. If you already have a SR1 receiver, you must have another receiver as
well. This can be another SR1, but i have the highly recommended TBS6903
which works well under windows10
4.The cable from the antenna must be split in to two so then there will
be a cable to connect to each receiver. I use a splitter near my
computer and now i have two cables. One cable goes in to the RF input
of the SR1 and the other cable in to the TBS6903 PCI card.
5. I have BAS and HVS-1 on the SR1 and HVS-2 on the TBS6903 card.
6. I use Davids software for viewing
MSG Data Manager for HVS-1 and BAS data
ModisL1 Viewer for HVS-2 data

As regards setting up . I suggest you read the manuals on Eumetsats
website https://www.eumetsat.int/access-our-data, and David Taylors
website http://satsignal.eu/for his software manuals. This video might
help as well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dI46O1HeGrU
I am not confident enough to assist in setting up someone else system
, it was hard enough for myself . I would hate to suggest something that
may mess things up for you.

All i can tell you that the above hardware setting up works perfectly.
Good Luck
Philip

On 26/01/2021 20:26, Vincenzo Mone wrote:
So I cannot receive both BAS, HVS-1 and HVS-2 with just 1 SR1????
Thanks
73’s de Enzo IK8OZV
Correct, HVS-2 is on a different frequency.

On 26/01/2021 20:14, Philip Robinson wrote:
Hi
My SR1 receives BAS and HVS-1 and my TBS6903 receives HVS-2 and works
perfectly.. all from one line in from dish.
regards
Philip
Thanks for confirming that, Philip. I thought it was correct, but I normally only recommend things I have tried and tested here!