Topics

ayecka sr1 replacement?

Bernard Burton

It seems that my SR! that has been in continuous use for a number of years has bitten the dust. I had an 'Out of Lock' message on my satellite PC, and on checking the dish, found corrosion had warped the LND arm. Assuming that this was the problem, I had a new dish installed today. The installer insists that he has lock on Eutelsat 10A, but no signal appears at the SR1. Checking the voltage for the link to the LND , I expected 13v or so, but only get 2.3V. I am thus assuming that the SR1 has failed. Does anyone know where I can get a replacemet (I got this one fom the GEO shop, now defunct)?. If not, is there another receiver I can use that is still on the market? Any help/advice would be appreciated.

James Brown

Often the solution has been cheaper - a new power supply unit. Perhaps this might be your case?

Cheers,

James. 

On 14 Jan 2021, at 14:50, Bernard Burton via groups.io <b.j.burton@...> wrote:

It seems that my SR! that has been in continuous use for a number of years has bitten the dust. I had an 'Out of Lock' message on my satellite PC, and on checking the dish, found corrosion had warped the LND arm. Assuming that this was the problem, I had a new dish installed today. The installer insists that he has lock on Eutelsat 10A, but no signal appears at the SR1. Checking the voltage for the link to the LND , I expected 13v or so, but only get 2.3V. I am thus assuming that the SR1 has failed. Does anyone know where I can get a replacemet (I got this one fom the GEO shop, now defunct)?. If not, is there another receiver I can use that is still on the market? Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Philip Robinson

Hi
A new power supply worked for my SR1 as well.
Philip

------ Original Message ------
Sent: 14/01/2021 14:58:20
Subject: Re: [MSG-1] ayecka sr1 replacement?

Often the solution has been cheaper - a new power supply unit. Perhaps this might be your case?

Cheers,

James. 

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Philip Robinson

Hi,
I think a new power supply unit  may be the answer. However i have a SR1 and recently (after being recommended on here) i purchased the tbs6903 pciE card, and once set up, this works brilliantly. I would check it out.
It seems these days it to be  very difficult to get hold of a SR1. 
regards
philip

Sent: 14/01/2021 16:06:16

Hi
A new power supply worked for my SR1 as well.
Philip

Sent: 14/01/2021 14:58:20

Cheers,

James. 

Virus-free. www.avg.com

paul.j.blight@...

Hi,  I have a spare SR1 which I would be interested in selling.   I have two, but currently unable to use both of them, therefore if you wish to message me 
at paul.j.blight@...,  if you would be interested in purchasing it.  

It was bought originally from the Geo Web shop and still has the GEO Sticker on the front.  

It is in perfect working order.  

Cheers
 Paul

geojohnt@...

Bernard,

I too had a a sudden 'no lock' situation with my SR1 last autumn which had run 24/7 for a good many years.

The problem was indeed the power supply - I was then on my second PS.
I replaced this with a more 'powerful' power supply - 12 V 3000mA.

Regards,
John.

++++++++++++++++++++++++

-----Original Message-----
To: MSG-1@groups.io
Sent: Thu, 14 Jan 2021 14:50
Subject: [MSG-1] ayecka sr1 replacement?

Bernard Burton

Many thanks to you all who responded with useful advice/help. Paul has kindly let me purchase his spare sr1, and it is en-route as I write. The advice about PSU is also useful. The existing PSU seems to be OK, in as much as it powers up the sr1, which seems to go through its setting up procedure. However, I don't have another 12v 2A PSU to try, but now have one on order (12V 3A). So one way or another, I hope to get my show on the road again soon. 

Philip Robinson

Hi

I would still give the PSU a try first. Mine did the same,  would power up the Ayecka and you could configure it, but just wouldnt lock. I changed the PSU unit and I had an immediate lock again. My Ayecka is about 5 years old.

Regards

Philip

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: 16 January 2021 10:30
To: MSG-1@groups.io

Many thanks to you all who responded with useful advice/help. Paul has kindly let me purchase his spare sr1, and it is en-route as I write. The advice about PSU is also useful. The existing PSU seems to be OK, in as much as it powers up the sr1, which seems to go through its setting up procedure. However, I don't have another 12v 2A PSU to try, but now have one on order (12V 3A). So one way or another, I hope to get my show on the road again soon.