Often the solution has been cheaper - a new power supply unit. Perhaps this might be your case?

Cheers,

James.

On 14 Jan 2021, at 14:50, Bernard Burton via groups.io <b.j.burton@...> wrote:

It seems that my SR! that has been in continuous use for a number of years has bitten the dust. I had an 'Out of Lock' message on my satellite PC, and on checking the dish, found corrosion had warped the LND arm. Assuming that this was the problem, I had a new dish installed today. The installer insists that he has lock on Eutelsat 10A, but no signal appears at the SR1. Checking the voltage for the link to the LND , I expected 13v or so, but only get 2.3V. I am thus assuming that the SR1 has failed. Does anyone know where I can get a replacemet (I got this one fom the GEO shop, now defunct)?. If not, is there another receiver I can use that is still on the market? Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Philip Robinson

Hi
A new power supply worked for my SR1 as well.
Philip

------ Original Message ------
From: "James Brown" <satellite@...>
Sent: 14/01/2021 14:58:20
Subject: Re: [MSG-1] ayecka sr1 replacement?

[...]

I think a new power supply unit  may be the answer. However i have a SR1 and recently (after being recommended on here) i purchased the tbs6903 pciE card, and once set up, this works brilliantly. I would check it out.
It seems these days it to be  very difficult to get hold of a SR1.
regards
philip

[...]

paul.j.blight@...

Hi,  I have a spare SR1 which I would be interested in selling.   I have two, but currently unable to use both of them, therefore if you wish to message me
at paul.j.blight@...,  if you would be interested in purchasing it.

It was bought originally from the Geo Web shop and still has the GEO Sticker on the front.

It is in perfect working order.

Cheers
 Paul

geojohnt@...

Bernard,

I too had a a sudden 'no lock' situation with my SR1 last autumn which had run 24/7 for a good many years.

The problem was indeed the power supply - I was then on my second PS.
I replaced this with a more 'powerful' power supply - 12 V 3000mA.