Topics

Ayecka SR1 in 2020

gr00ve

Hi All,

I am Michele from Italy. During the last few weeks of lockdown I decided to assembly a ground station for EUMETCAST.
Now the questions, is the Ayecka SR1 a good choice in the 2020? Where is possible to buy it new or used?

Thanks guys

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Hi All,

I am Michele from Italy. During the last few weeks of lockdown I decided to assembly a ground station for EUMETCAST.
Now the questions, is the Ayecka SR1 a good choice in the 2020? Where is possible to buy it new or used?

Thanks guys

Michele,

Welcome to the group!

Yes, the Ayecka still works very well, but there are more choices. Briefly:

Ayecka SR1: Works well, network connection, easy to manage and monitor, the group here may be the best place to ask for second hand. Would need two if you want to take both transponders (i.e. get Sentinel data).

TBS5925/5927: Work well, USB connection, current model (27). Need two for both transponders. Lower cost. I found a TBS5925 for about €150.

TBS6903 (maybe newer model too?): Works well, PCIe slot required. Can take both transponders at once even on single LNB.

gr00ve

Hi David,

Thanks a lot for all the clarifications.
Now I only have to wait the license from Eumetcast.

Have a nice weekend,

Michele

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Hi David,

Thanks a lot for all the clarifications.
Now I only have to wait the license from Eumetcast.

Have a nice weekend,

Michele
======================================

Michele,

If all you need is a licence see section B.1.1 here:
https://www.eumetsat.int/website/home/Data/DataDelivery/EUMETCast/ReceptionStationSetup/Troubleshooting/index.html

To check the username, use a generic user, open the recv.ini file of the reception software (located in the Tellicast installation directory) and replace the lines "user_name..." and "user_key..." with the following lines:
user_name=eumetcastuser
user_key=9Ecast3004us
(use exactly this syntax)
You don't need to reinstall the Tellicast software to change the username/userkey
Now check if files can be received. There should be at least the files "E-UNS_Weekly_Operations_Schedule..." once per hour.
This user name allows only reception of UNS data, system updates and the product navigator.

I /thought/ it allowed reception of more than just the data they list (it used to allow 3-hourly) data, but it means you don't need to wait for the eToken.

stevens312

Michele, Hi David is correct regarding Tuners but TBS now has an advanced version TBS-6903x, this has a much-improved Chip and performs extremely well in all conditions, and can take all transponders.
Regards to all, Mike G4CFZ