AYECKA SR1 DVB-S2

jevgenijs.ugorenko@...

Hello to all!

We are using TelliCast 2.14. installed on Centos 7.
Not along time ago from Our AYECKA SR1 DVB-S2 started receiving this kind of log messages: WARNING: Cannot read the current MODCOD value.
And this kind of messages are coming with every 1 second interval when we are connecting to Ayecka through the telnet.
But, we are receiving all SAT files.

What it is needed to be done with Ayecka? Is it broken and if future we can't receiving anymore data? Or we need to buy new one and put it instead?
I have tried to seek this solution in web, unfortunately there is no information about that problem.

jevgenijs.ugorenko@...

Did anyone knows about this problem?

Ernst Lobsiger

What MODCOD does your status page show?

Ernst

jevgenijs.ugorenko@...

What do You mean? How it could be visible?

Ernst Lobsiger

Am 01.06.2021 13:40, schrieb jevgenijs.ugorenko@lvgmc.lv:
What do You mean? How it could be visible?

From the Main MENU you should reach the Status Page that shows something like here:

https://groups.io/g/MSG-1/message/31455

jevgenijs.ugorenko@...

RX Status Configuration is that:

Ernst Lobsiger

Status looks confusing! The only SR1 I ever had was as a pilot user back 2014. All these SR1 power users please comment this status.
From the top it seems your demodulator locks. BER looks good as well. ?? DO YOU REALLY GET ALL THE HVS-2 FILES YOU EXPECT ??
It's possible that only some electronics to monitor the receiver is broken. I just had a similar case with an old SkyStar 2 eXpress HD. Reception
was fine but the driver kept complaining to the console that it could not read out the Signal Power Level. I eBay replaced the card for 20 Euros.
I assume the Modulation Order and Code Rate stays on Dummy PLframe. Or was this just the case the very moment when you took the screen shot?

Use your SR1 as long as it works for you. Then look for something else (unless you absolutely need snmp and a router device).
The SR1 (if still produced at all?) is first generation HW. But there is now much cheaper third generation HW available on PCIe
cards and even USB boxes that work under GNU/Linux very well. I currently test a 79$ device that seems to receive HVS-2 fine.

jevgenijs.ugorenko@...

Dear Ernst,

Many many thanks to You for lots of answers. Yes, We really get all HVS-2 than we expect.
Maybe You could recommend some cheaper third generation HW?

BR, Jevgenijs

Ernst Lobsiger

On Tue, Jun 1, 2021 at 10:49 AM, <jevgenijs.ugorenko@...> wrote:
Maybe You could recommend some cheaper third generation HW?
A prooven second generation card is TBS-6903. This one is rather wide spread under Windows and GNU/Linux users.

It works for EUMETCast T1+T2 over a single cable. There is a recent TBS DVB-S2 Linux setup guide from EUMETSAT:

https://eumetsatspace.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/DSEC/pages/742260752/Devices

It seems third generation cards using the StiD135 Oxford chip have not yet been testet/recommended by EUMETSAT.