ATVOS reader

Marco Martini

Hi I downloaded Atvos reader but I can't see anything why?
I load the file from msg atvos sees the satellite but I can't see the image
Thanks

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

On 08/08/2021 17:15, Marco Martini wrote:
Hi I downloaded Atvos reader but I can't see anything why?
I load the file from msg atvos sees the satellite but I can't see the image
Thanks
Marco,

Sorry, but I am not a regular user of the ATOVS data, so I don't what ATOVS data is still transmitted. I only have one test file left and its name is:

mhs_20050823_1211_noaa18_01341_ath.l1c.bz2

and as you can see that was from a long time ago (2005). If no-one here can help, perhaps you could try the SatSignal group?

Ciao,

rnosborne@...

Marco,

From the filename on your screenshot, I am guessing that this file was received recently on Channel 1 of EUMETCast from the EARS data stream.

On the ATOVS reader, try selecting File and then Save As from the drop-down menu. You may find that a JPEG image file with the ATOVS plot is now available
even if it does not appear in the reader window.

Regards,
Richard

Marco Martini

provo grazie

Il giorno lun 9 ago 2021 alle ore 18:20 <rnosborne@...> ha scritto:
Marco,

From the filename on your screenshot, I am guessing that this file was received recently on Channel 1 of EUMETCast from the EARS data stream.

--
17° A.N.Carabinieri UMBRIA
Dir.Marco Martini

Ian Deans

On 09/08/2021 17:20, rnosborne@dunclent.org.uk wrote:
Marco,
From the filename on your screenshot, I am guessing that this file was received recently on Channel 1 of EUMETCast from the EARS data stream.
On the ATOVS reader, try selecting File and then Save As from the drop-down menu. You may find that a JPEG image file with the ATOVS plot is now available
even if it does not appear in the reader window.
Regards,
Richard
_._,_._,_

As far as I am aware there is no sounder data now being received that can be opened in ATOVS Reader.

Marco Martini

grazie