APT - many years left

Lawrence <lawrence@...>

From: Nick <nick@dctower.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Digest Number 114

Hi all,

I'm new here and as APT is due toe be phased out 'soon' I am thinking may be I
need to move into the 21st century ;-/
Hello Nick

I am not sure where you got your information from but it is hardly
accurate. NOAA a.p.t. is set to continue for perhaps a decade, barring
a series of unexpected events. More NOAA wxsat are scheduled for launch
and, assuming that they don't drop any more, should see us well into the
next decade. Cut your teeth on a.p.t. if you wish, though currently,
setting up an MSG-1 system could be cheaper.

best wishes and welcome

Lawrence Harris

johnrigsec@...

In a message dated 19-12-03 09:50:46 GMT Standard Time,
lawrence@astronomer.plus.com writes:

Hello Nick

I am not sure where you got your information from but it is hardly
accurate. NOAA a.p.t. is set to continue for perhaps a decade, barring
a series of unexpected events. More NOAA wxsat are scheduled for launch
and, assuming that they don't drop any more, should see us well into the
next decade. Cut your teeth on a.p.t. if you wish, though currently,
setting up an MSG-1 system could be cheaper.

best wishes and welcome

Lawrence Harris
Lawrence,

How could you?

Yes, APT from NOAA's will be with us till at least 2010 - all you need is a
RIG RX2,
a sound card and WXSAT.
Can't get much cheaper than that!

However, NOAA N and NOAA N' (if they manage to repair it) will transmit APT
on
either 137.9125 MHz or 137.10 MHz.

Regards,
John Tellick.