David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

From: Daniele Guardigli

Hello, I'm new to Eumetcast service and related software. Is there any way to get a CLUT like pictures produced by wxtoimg software for apt sats? Is there also a way to change remapping in 1080x1920 intead of 1920x1080?
Thanks

Daniele,

Interestingly Craig Anderson used my original ideas for CLUTs, and my CLUTs work with some of his software. The basic CLUT is a 100 (wide) by 256 (tall) 24-bit .BMP file, where the horizontal mapping is the selected thermal channel -60C to +39C, and the vertical mapping is the brightness channel 0..255. You can add whatever colour you want for each combination of temperature and brightness. There are downloads from the GeoSatSignal Web page:

https://www.satsignal.eu/software/geosatsignal.htm

Look for the name: " Ton Lindemann".

Remapping: the quickest solution would be to use the 2560 x 1920 mapping, and crop afterwards in your favourite image processing software. I could perhaps add 1080 x 1920 as an extra option later.

Daniele Guardigli

Thank you!