Anyone selling DVB hardware?

ivar.myrberg@...

Hello!
Just getting into EuMetCast and looking for a DVB reciever, looking to recieve basic and HVS-1. In southern sweden!
Anyone selling or know where to get hardware cheaper than 400-500 euros?
Thanks a lot in advance!

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

On 17/05/2021 18:28, ivar.myrberg@gmail.com wrote:
Hello!
Just getting into EuMetCast and looking for a DVB reciever, looking to recieve basic and HVS-1. In southern sweden!
Anyone selling or know where to get hardware cheaper than 400-500 euros?
Thanks a lot in advance!
Ivar,

You could use a TBS5927 (or the older TBS5925) if a USB connection is acceptable. I found a second-hand TBS5925 for GBP 150 (about SKR 1800). There have been some issues reported here recently with the TBS5927, though.

On Mon, May 17, 2021 at 11:13 AM, <ivar.myrberg@...> wrote:
Anyone selling or know where to get hardware cheaper than 400-500 euros?
Ivar,

The cheapest receiver you can get is a second hand "SkyStar 2 eXpress HD" PCIe card:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/353497982451?hash=item524e1f25f3:g:ruwAAOSwtZ1goUpt

It runs under GNU/Linux and receives the Basic Service only without HVS-1 interference!

See here what you can do:  http://5.153.116.236:85

Free image processing can be done with my PyTROLL/Satpy Starter Kit 3.0 or with
Hugos marvelous EUMETCastView (now also available as AppImage for GNU/Linux).

Youssef Bennouna

Hello,

I just acquired a TBS5927 (USB) and it works well, with it I can receive Basic and HVS1. The link is  www.tbsdtv.com .  Installation is straightforward but, in my case I need to have a signal strength over 80% to receive the HVS1 with a 1.2 m dish, but this depends on your location.  It costs about 250$ including shipment, it arrived in 7 days. Payment is by PAYPAL and there was no trouble.

Good luck.

Youssef Bennouna

ETUDES ET MESURES LES 5 DOMAINES

Villa 176, Bassatine El Menzeh