Topics

Announcements query

James Brown

I am just wondering if I am alone in wishing that when an announcement update from Eumetsat is given it could be tailored to the specific item to which it refers? The last one I saw included 32 announcements which had to be worked through - or am I being picky or not understanding the delivery method properly?

JB out and about

On 25 Jun 2019, at 16:21, David J Taylor via Groups.Io <gm8arv=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

All,

I had an email chat with Ops the other day regarding the (lack of) information about 'what satellite' the HVS-1 listing 'Third Party GEO' and 'Third Part LEO' referred to.
'Ops' agreed and today the list - for HVS-1 has been updated with the entries clarified.

https://www.eumetsat.int/website/home/Data/DataDelivery/EUMETCast/ReceptionStationSetup/ChannelsandPIDs/index.html

I've now asked if the Basic Service list (which is rather complex) could be similarly clarified.

Regards,
John Tellick.

Brilliant!

Thanks to you and to EUMETSAT Ops.

James Brown

On 29 Jan 2020, at 09:21, James Brown <satellite@...> wrote:

I am just wondering if I am alone in wishing that when an announcement update from Eumetsat is given it could be tailored to the specific item to which it refers? The last one I saw included 32 announcements which had to be worked through - or am I being picky or not understanding the delivery method properly?

JB out and about
Shot myself in the foot there by forgetting to cut previous text!!! Doh!

geojohnt@...

Hello James,

>Shot myself in the foot there by forgetting to cut previous text!!! Doh!

Well, not really.

Your comment made me have a belated look today at the 'PID's List' following my comments to EUMETSAT last year.

Gosh, the lists are getting fuller and fuller and longer and longer.
In the current format, it's difficult to itemise each PID's 'multiple content.'

But I agree with your comments regarding announcements.
Perhaps I'm not registered for the 'correct' news service, and/or should consult their website in a more timely manner?

Regards,
John

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

> I am just wondering if I am alone in wishing that when an announcement update from Eumetsat is given it could be tailored to the specific item to which it refers? The last one I saw included 32 announcements which had to be worked through - or am I being picky or not understanding the delivery method properly?
>
> JB out and about

Shot myself in the foot there by forgetting to cut previous text!!! Doh!

David J Taylor

From: James Brown

I am just wondering if I am alone in wishing that when an announcement update from Eumetsat is given it could be tailored to the specific item to which it refers? The last one I saw included 32 announcements which had to be worked through - or am I being picky or not understanding the delivery method properly?

JB out and about

I do wish the main announcements were more like the SAF method! One message, one announcement, but they have less to cover, of course. I was told that the composite message lists announcements in order of applicability, perhaps that explains things. EUMETSAT do much better on Twitter, where each announcement is targeted at something happening soon with a meaningful topic, but even there reference is often just to the UNS with a number, but not to a link taking you directly to the numbered announcement, with it expanded to show the detail.

The full announcements (Thursday) will have to be a composite, but the updates would be better with a topic reference and the single item, not 32!

Maybe the professionals have message filters set up to match their interest, Something we could discuss on July 02?