Topics

Accessing a folder on Windows 10 from Windows 7 pro

diogenes1@...

Hello all,
I am desperately trying to figure out how to access my HVS1 files (W10) from a Windows 7 pro pc running David's software. A while ago I did mange to achieve this goal, but to be honest I have forgotten how I did it.  At present I am going round in circles like hurricane Lorenzo, it seemed so much simpler with Home Groups!
Regards, Peter.

Thorsten Miglus

Hi Peter,

add a network drive on the Windows 7 PC that points to the folder of interest on your Windows 10 PC. You have to allow network access to the Windows 10 folder and both PC's should be in the same workgroup. And turn off password protected sharing.

Cheers,
Thorsten

On Mon, Sep 30, 2019 at 03:55 PM, <diogenes1@...> wrote:
Hello all,
I am desperately trying to figure out how to access my HVS1 files (W10) from a Windows 7 pro pc running David's software. A while ago I did mange to achieve this goal, but to be honest I have forgotten how I did it.  At present I am going round in circles like hurricane Lorenzo, it seemed so much simpler with Home Groups!
Regards, Peter.

diogenes1@...

Thanks Thorsten, I just needed a nudge in the right direction!

--
Securely sent with Tutanota. Get your own encrypted, ad-free mailbox:
https://tutanota.com