A-68A movements Dec. 28th.

geojohnt@...

All,

I'm not sure if the 'finger' hasn't moved round the iceberg and is now north of it?

Today's Metop image is rather cloudy.
We need a radar image.

Regards,
John.

Hugo

Hi,
Cloud free image of A68-A and family ...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/137270544@N02/50775162471/in/datetaken-public/ 

grts,

Hugo

Ferdinand Valk

Very photogenic !!

Sent: Tuesday, 29 December, 2020 14:00
To: MSG-1@groups.io
Subject: Re: [MSG-1] A-68A movements Dec. 28th.

Hi,
https://www.flickr.com/photos/137270544@N02/50775162471/in/datetaken-public/ 

grts,

Hugo

Ernst Lobsiger

On Tue, Dec 29, 2020 at 06:00 AM, Hugo wrote:
Hi,
Hugo,

I wonder what I do wrong. I cannot make a similar wonderful image at 11:30 UTC with PyTroll/SatPy :-).

a) Do you use EUMETCast data?

b) If so, is this ABI channel C01 and C02 or maybe C02 only + some kind of LUT?

My problem is even a load of C02 only says resolution=500m but scene_id "Full Disk" 2km at Nadir!
The image then rather looks like 2000m resolution (+ of course the slant view factor) instead of 500m.
I wonder whether there is a BUG in the SatPy ABI reader but most probably I'm just missing something.

Cheers,
Ernst

Hugo

Hi Ernst,

I do use Eumetcast data but because my new big antenna isn't installed yet I download "Sentinel-3" data from the hub.
I'am busy changing that part of my program so that you can easily download Sentinel-3 segments from the data hub.(future events of Eumetcast in mind ...)
So it is not GOES-17 that I use but Sentinel-3.( channel 09, 17 and 21 == Natural colors).
I always do a reprojection of the image to a Vertical perpective projection....

grts,

Hugo

Ernst Lobsiger

Hugo,

for some reason I was convinced you display GOES-16. Maybe I made today's Sentinel-3X images with the wrong area before and had nothing but clouds. So here are mine:

Unfortunately my scripts are not prepared for downloading OLCI. I do no real orbit calculations as predictions. I just search  the daily files for 'close' segments to a given POI.

Cheers,
Ernst