A68 gif animation December 01-08

Thorsten Miglus

Hi all,

Here ist the actual gif animation made from Sentinel 3 A + B of iceberg A68 on its way to South Georgia:

A68 Animation

Cheers,
Thorsten

James Brown

Excellent. Thank you

James

On 8 Dec 2020, at 23:19, Thorsten Miglus <thorsten.miglus@...> wrote:

Hi all,

Here ist the actual gif animation made from Sentinel 3 A + B of iceberg A68 on its way to South Georgia:

A68 Animation

Cheers,
Thorsten

Ernst Lobsiger

Hi Thorsten,

a very nice image. The ice even sometimes looks light blue! You can also see the smaller pieces floating ahead. A68 is turning CCW the last days also seen on my pictures. This animation tops about everything before. The only improvement I can think of is using a higher resolution for the coastline. These exist in the GSHHG Data Base. A68 gives us a nice contest and makes a lot of fun (might be less fun for the Penguins on South Georgia). We will probably see more results: Graham Woolf and Christian Peters might soon be ready with my Pytroll/Satpy Sentinel-3 scripts for the final showdown ;-).

Best regards
Ernst

Am 09.12.2020 00:19, schrieb Thorsten Miglus:

Hi all,
Here ist the actual gif animation made from Sentinel 3 A + B of
iceberg A68 on its way to South Georgia:
A68 Animation ( http://www.ing-miglus.de/A68/anim_A68.gif )
Cheers,
Thorsten

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

On 08/12/2020 23:19, Thorsten Miglus wrote:
Hi all,
Here ist the actual gif animation made from Sentinel 3 A + B of iceberg A68 on its way to South Georgia:
A68 Animation <http://www.ing-miglus.de/A68/anim_A68.gif>
Cheers,
Thorsten
Shows things very well - thanks for the work and for posting.

Thorsten Miglus

Hi all,

I will update the animation on a daily basis at the same link:
A68 Animation

Folks, that are interested in, can have a daily look on the way of iceberg A68.

The images are processed with Eumetcastview. Thank you Hugo for providing your excellent software.
The animation is processed by ImageMagick.

Cheers,
Thorsten

On Wed, Dec 9, 2020 at 03:56 PM, David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺 wrote:
On 08/12/2020 23:19, Thorsten Miglus wrote:
Hi all,
Here ist the actual gif animation made from Sentinel 3 A + B of iceberg A68 on its way to South Georgia:
A68 Animation <http://www.ing-miglus.de/A68/anim_A68.gif>
Cheers,
Thorsten
Shows things very well - thanks for the work and for posting.

David

James Brown

Lots of cracks appearing now. Breakup imminent I think.

JB

On 9 Dec 2020, at 20:38, Thorsten Miglus <thorsten.miglus@...> wrote:

[...]

Hugo

Very well done Thorsten - thank you for posting.

Kind regards,

Hugo