A68

Ferdinand Valk

Ernst,

Both resolution sar files of today are available.
S1A_EW_GRDH_1SDH_20201215T072534_20201215T072634_035693_042D26_F2A2.SAFE
S1A_EW_GRDM_1SDH_20201215T072534_20201215T072634_035693_042D26_8647.SAFE
Excellent detail .
By the way, if you follow the bathymetric profile of the area it might well
be that the berg may slip around the island from the lower side. Or break up
first of course...

Cheers,
Ferdinand

Graham Woolf

Hi Ferdinand

How to you find the files

Do you use the Sentinel Hub GUI or do you use wget

I have tried to use wget but without success - it seems to want a product id and I cant seem to find it

Regards

Graham

Ferdinand Valk

Hi Graham,

I use the Open Hub at https://scihub.copernicus.eu/ because this offers precisely the same data as the Api hub for scripting, it gives me more freedom to choose my ROI and change dates etc.

I’ve used scripts in the past but haven’t already for a considerable period of time. Btw, I suppose you are aware that you can also save your search criteria on the Open Hub?

Ferdinand

Do you use the Sentinel Hub GUI or do you use wget

I have tried to use wget but without success - it seems to want a product id and I cant seem to find it

Regards

Graham

Graham Woolf

Hi Ferdinand

No I wasnt - that makes things a bit easier

Regards

Graham

Ernst Lobsiger

On Tue, Dec 15, 2020 at 05:29 AM, Graham Woolf wrote:
How to you find the files
Graham,

it's the old story when David says "Windows users want fast results ..." and I say "You have to RTFM ...".
The fastest way to get the latest files is to go to the hub GUI and copy and paste the filenames above
into the search line top left. The scientfic way is to read Sentinel-1 manuals and skim sar-c_safe.yaml.

Graham Woolf

Hi Ernst

I have done that.

What I was trying to do was to automate the process so that I could run a script that would download the files for me on a schedule

It doesnt seem that I am able to do that as there doesnt appear to be a consistent product id - it changes

So back to the Hub GUI

Regards

Graham

Ernst Lobsiger

Graham,

Here is the Windows way: Go to the hub and spot South Georgia with the mouse. Then enter in the search window what others found for you ...

Graham Woolf

Hi Ernst

Thanks - I have managed to do that :-)

Its just not the level of automation that I was looking for

All my scripts run on a schedule in Task Manager so if Im not at the computer I still get images

I was hoping to do the same with Sentinel 1 data but it seems not

Regards

Graham

Ernst Lobsiger

On Tue, Dec 15, 2020 at 06:35 AM, Graham Woolf wrote:
Thanks - I have managed to do that :-)

Its just not the level of automation that I was looking for

All my scripts run on a schedule in Task Manager so if Im not at the computer I still get images
Graham,

scripting is certainly possible (though out of range for most users here). You might remember that the next things a script would check is for Sentinel-1A Decemebr 19th and for Sentinel-1B December 21th. But A68a is a moving target and considering its speed also might slip out of an automated fixed search window soon. Makes scripting not easy ...