Topics

Msg animator

Roland Fechter

Hello,
I currently run on Windows 7 prof. 64bit the MSG Data Manager v. 3161246 together with the
Msg animator v. 3.1.4.
Despite repeated de- & re-installation of both the animator does not carry out any updates.
Could you please tell me what to do ?
Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Roland

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Hello,
I currently run on Windows 7 prof. 64bit the MSG Data Manager v. 3161246 together with the
Msg animator v. 3.1.4.
Despite repeated de- & re-installation of both the animator does not carry out any updates.
Could you please tell me what to do ?
Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Roland
===================================

Roland,

If the two programs are installed on the same PC the updates should be automatic.

If the automatic updates don't work, simply use the Setup of each animation to select a suitable update rate. It's in the Setup, Animation, Updates drop-down list. Normally select "(none)", but in your case try "5 min" or whatever.

Roland Fechter

Thank you for your kind reply.
Still no updates made - kindly tell me the EXACT Location of the correct
Image data path
and
the correct Output Animation path
Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Roland

Thorsten Miglus

Hello,
I currently run on Windows 7 prof. 64bit the MSG Data Manager v. 3161246 together with the
Msg animator v. 3.1.4.
Despite repeated de- & re-installation of both the animator does not carry out any updates.
Could you please tell me what to do ?
Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Roland
===================================

Roland,

the reason may be a corrupted image file. I observed this after a power cut. That leaves some incomplete image files on my HDD.

When reading a corrupted image file MSG Animator stops updating any animation.

The solution is to find the corrupted file and remove it. Then restart MSG Animator.

Cheers,
Thorsten

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Thank you for your kind reply.
Still no updates made - kindly tell me the EXACT Location of the correct
Image data path
and
the correct Output Animation path
Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Roland
===============================

Roland,

Image data path:

The directory tree where you images are stored. So if your images are here:
D:\MSG\Images\HRIT\2017\07\19
the path would be:
D:\MSG\Images\

Output Animation path:

D:\MSG\Images\Animations\

Roland Fechter

Thank you very much, David !
HRV Europe of the Animator window stays GREYED OUT !
HRV Europe is the area I put into your msd data Manager but why keeps your animator
Europe greyed out ??
Perhaps this is the reason of all this fuss - would can i do, please ?

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Roland

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Thank you very much, David !
HRV Europe of the Animator window stays GREYED OUT !
HRV Europe is the area I put into your msd data Manager but why keeps your animator
Europe greyed out ??
Perhaps this is the reason of all this fuss - would can i do, please ?

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Roland

The HRV setting will only apply to animation for channel 12 (HRV). If you are animating channel 12, see whether the drop-down list works.