Topics

GOMS2 decoding

Thorsten Miglus

Roland,

I am using MSG Data Mager Version 3.1.7.1255 (newest beta)
Data is received on data channel E1B-TPG-1

A Entry for this channel is required in cast-client-channels_bas.ini

[channel]
name=E1B-TPG-1
target_directory=\EUMETCast\received\EUMETSAT_Data_Channel_4

Be sure to select a target directory that is scanned by MSG Data Manager.
EUMETSAT_Data_Channel_4 is a good choice.

Then check the GOMS Channels in Setup->Channel Selction->FSD

Cheers,
Thorsten

Roland Fechter

Thanks, Thorsten - I am now getting the data but am unable to open it.
Kindly tell me which-what programme-Software YOU use to open the data to see the images themselves.
Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Roland
-

Thorsten Miglus

Thank you both for your kind reply.
GOMS IS ticked-my question - does anyone of you get already any GOMS2 data ?
Regards,
Roland
=================================

Hi Roland,

yes, GOMS-2 data is flowing. Have you already requested the data via EO Portal?

Cheers,
Thorsten

Roland Fechter

Thank you both for your kind reply.
GOMS IS ticked-my question - does anyone of you get already any GOMS2 data ?
Regards,
Roland

James Brown

Hello ,
Eumetsat has kindly amended my subscription by GOMS2 data.For this
data I
added to my recv channels
"receivedGOMS2" and there is now a lot of DK01B4 data in it . It
being BZ2
data I am unable to open it.
I use the latest MSG data Manager and the latest Geosat Signal .
Surprisingly no Gom images at all appear
in the respective windows of the msg data manager. May I please have
your
advice for solving this problem ?
Thanks in advance,
Regards
Roland
And make sure under the Data Manager/channels tab you have GOMS ticked,
Cheers
James

Simon Proud <simon.proud@...>

The bz2 data is from Himawari, not Electro-L N2, although data from both
satellites will appear in the same folder. The Electro-L data has standard
HRIT format, so will have EPI, PRO and -C_ files.

Cheers,
Simon

PS: You can decompress the Himawari data using software like WinRAR...bz2
is a type of zip file, compressed to save space.