Your Web site.

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Ernst,

What was the URL of your old Web site? It's worth checking one of the Internet history engines....

My Web site used to live at:

http://www.gymalp.ch/~eumetcast http://www.gymalp.ch/~eumetcast
DVB-S and DDS, gallery, older stuff

http://www.gymalp.ch/~eumetcast/DVBS2S2 http://www.gymalp.ch/~eumetcast/DVBS2S2
My experiments in the transition phase

http://www.gymalp.ch/~eumetcast/RRDtool http://www.gymalp.ch/~eumetcast/RRDtool
A page I made on request of a user of this list

Not sure you will find anything. I got a backup here on my Server at least ...

My BS+HVS solution works now fine on all three receivers, You should see them under:

Receiver Kallisto
http://5.153.126.239:82 http://5.153.126.239:82

Receiver Ganymed
http://5.153.126.239:83 http://5.153.126.239:83

Receiver Io
http://5.153.126.239:84 http://5.153.126.239:84

I wonder if FEENIX could not get at least HVS channels 04-06 with a 1GB RAM-Disk and a similar script I use.
Maybe with a 2GB RAM-Disk and a script sceduled every Minute FEENIX could even get channel 01 (only).

You shold test the size of all tmp files that FEENIX piles up. If this goes far above 4GB he suffers tmp storms.

See here for such tmp storms or jams on Christians GNU/Linux rceiver:

http://eluna.hcpeters.de:81/index.pl?rrd=11_space_ramd1&type=b&time1=&time2= http://eluna.hcpeters.de:81/index.pl?rrd=11_space_ramd1&type=b&time1=&time2=

I let now run Ganymed and Kallisto for a while and experiment on Io only.

@Christian (and others on GNU/Linux) you should find my script named "mvmsg" in the root of receiver Io.

Web: http://www.satsignal.eu http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@... mailto:david-taylor@...

[...]

==================================

Ernst,

Yes, you are quite correct, your pages haven't been archived (on at least one Wayback archive) because of your robots.txt stopping access. What a pity! But as you have server copies, presumably putting those pages up on another site wouldn't be difficult?

I could create a 2 GB RAMdisk on PC Feenix (although it's single core and so under-powered that it's not really worth it. What would your script do? I've not been following all the Linux trials and tribulation in detail. Perhaps you might write it up for the GEO Quarterly so that it can be more generally known?

I would like to get PC Kiruna receiving data for at least some of the time, although with a 12 dB Es/No at best anything can disrupt the signal so that the link margin is too small.

I had Es/No=11.4dB yesterday and I got almost all HVS files except for sun colinearity.

All my experiments say: The power of the processor is not so important, it's the HD !

It should be easy to have a look at the total size taken by tmp files of the client on Feenix.
If this number of Bytes goes far over 4GB Feenix has a HD problem, that's your chance.

wget my simple script here: http://5.153.126.239:84/mvmsg http://5.153.126.239:84/mvmsg

The script documents what it does. To translate it to a cmd script should not be too difficult.
A 2GB RAM-Disk should be enough for channel 01 (only) if Feenix does not begin to swap
and the script is run once per Minute. With a 1.5GB RAM-Disk you could get channel 03 (only),
With 1GB RAM-Disk you have a chance for channels 04-06 (adapd the channel file accordingly).

P.S. With a single core processor start one client only (HVS only, as you do...)

---In MSG-1@..., <gm8arv@...> wrote :

[...]

Twitter: @gm8arv

Christian Peters

Ernst,

thanks for providing your script. I will try to switch to Ramdisk and
your script at the end of the week.

Regards,

Christian

David