Old and new Tellicast Client

Ernst Lobsiger

Dear members of the list

I setup two otherwise identical new reception stations using the old and new Tellicast Client.
I let the comparison run for a while. You should find web monitoring of my receivers here:

Old Client / Receiver Io :
http://5.153.123.95:84 http://5.153.123.95:84

New Client / Receiver Ganymed:
http://5.153.123.95:83 http://5.153.123.95:83

Io cannot take HVS channels S3A-02 and S3A-03 for limitations of the 5GB RAMdisk. Ganymed takes all.
From monitoring the first night I already know that I'll have to give up RSS avi production on the receivers.

I added a couple of new monitoring features for fsy and tmp files on RAMdisk (Io) and HD (Ganymed).

Douglas Deans

I setup two otherwise identical new reception stations using the old and new
Tellicast Client.
I let the comparison run for a while. You should find web monitoring of my
receivers here:

Old Client / Receiver Io :
http://5.153.123.95:84 http://5.153.123.95:84

New Client / Receiver Ganymed:
http://5.153.123.95:83 http://5.153.123.95:83

Io cannot take HVS channels S3A-02 and S3A-03 for limitations of the 5GB
RAMdisk. Ganymed takes all.
From monitoring the first night I already know that I'll have to give up RSS
avi production on the receivers.

I added a couple of new monitoring features for fsy and tmp files on RAMdisk
(Io) and HD (Ganymed).

Just a general comment here for those setting up on HVS.
I run a 3 year old computer (AMD 3.5 GHz 6 core, SSD and HDD with 16 GB
RAM). At the moment I am using the SR1 but have also successfully tested
with the TBS 5925.
I use this computer for everything including constantly running 5 of David's
programs and often Hugo's as well.

When on the basic and HVS service I do not use a RAMDISK but have the tmp
folder and Received folder on my HDD.
The system works without issue. The only likely problem is that being in
Scotland with a 1 metre dish there will be meteorological times that the HVS
will just not be possible.
I did run for 3 days (including with some rain) with S-3 data without loss.

As the current HVS data is of little use I am back with Basic service only
for the moment.
The point is that with 2.12.1 you don't necessarily need a RAMDISK which
reduces the worry of size and rapid fill up.
I accept that a reasonably powerful computer will be needed although mine is
certainly not cutting edge. Well worth a try.

cyril3775

Douglas

I was receiving the Basic and HVS data with the original Eumetcast SR1cfg
file

On viewing the HVS data with SNAP Sentinel toolbox I had no problem until
the SNAP window was full of data and I could not scroll down and ended up
with around 5 thumbnails which I could not change.

Windows 10 was reinstalled and I noticed that the SR1 IP address had been
changed , this was change to the correct address and all other settings were
check with the Eumetsat Setup guide but was unable to start 2.12.1 again.

The latest Eumetcast SR1 configuration was downloaded and now I have the
Basic data but no HVS . Unfortunately, I has lost the original SR1cfg file.

The SR1 requires updating to SR1c_v105b255.asw , OpenTelnet is scanning
1.192.168.70:69 , the address is 192.168.1.70.

Putty will not upgrade.

Please can you help

Peter.

=X3oDMTJyOGJnZ2J0BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzEwODUxMzAwBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA4MzY
wMQRtc2dJZAMyMjA2NARzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNycGx5BHN0aW1lAzE0NTU2MTc3NTY-?act=reply&
messageNum=22064> Reply via web post

.

<mailto:dsdeans@...?subject=Re%3A%20%5BMSG-1%5D%20Old%20and%20new
%20Tellicast%20Client> Reply to sender

.

<mailto:MSG-1@...?subject=Re%3A%20%5BMSG-1%5D%20Old%20and%20new%
20Tellicast%20Client> Reply to group

.

TJmbWlndmxyBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzEwODUxMzAwBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA4MzYwMQRzZ
WMDZnRyBHNsawNudHBjBHN0aW1lAzE0NTU2MTc3NTY-> Start a New Topic

.

3oDMTM3M2plNmJzBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzEwODUxMzAwBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA4MzYwM
QRtc2dJZAMyMjA2NARzZWMDZnRyBHNsawN2dHBjBHN0aW1lAzE0NTU2MTc3NTYEdHBjSWQDMjIwN
jE-> Messages in this topic (2)

http://www.satsignal.eu/wxsat/glossary.htm

Join GEO - the Group for Earth Observation
for the informative GEO Quarterly magazine:
http://www.geo-web.org.uk/

3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzEwODUxMzAwBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA4MzYwMQRzZWMDdnRsBHNsawN2Z2h
wBHN0aW1lAzE0NTU2MTc3NTY-> Visit Your Group

zEwODUxMzAwBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA4MzYwMQRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNnZnAEc3RpbWUDMTQ1NTYxN
zc1Ng-->

. <https://info.yahoo.com/privacy/us/yahoo/groups/details.html> Privacy .
<https://info.yahoo.com/legal/us/yahoo/utos/terms/> Terms of Use

.

<http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=10851300/grpspId=1705083601/msgI
d=22064/stime=1455617756>

<http://y.analytics.yahoo.com/fpc.pl?ywarid=515FB27823A7407E&a=1000131032227
9&js=no&resp=img>

Douglas Deans

[...]

Peter for guidance in updating the SR1 software to the latest version 255
can I suggest that you go to David's website where he has an excellent step
by step guide :-

http://www.satsignal.eu/wxsat/dvb-s2/sr1-upgrade.html

I used it a long time ago and probably would not have managed without it.

Bit puzzled by the way as to why a problem with SNAP needed a Windows 10
re-install ?

Christian Peters

Hi group members,

I subscribed to the HVS service to see whether my setup would maybe able to get HVS too.
2.4.3.a is running quit good here with no problems.

I got the new TC 2.12.1. and set it up in the night on my Linux receiver. In the end I got data for BS and HVS....but every few seconds I got lost packets at HVS...but even BS. I started BS only but the same.
But I am unsure whether my setting ar eok. As there is some change at the recv.ini which is now called 'cast-client_1.ini'. There are some new 'switches' which I don't really understand and how to combine them to get a good reception

file_database_directory=<memory>

Did this mean it does use the memory without a HD?

file_database_type=control

......???? Is there evan another swicth as 'control' to revert to the old 'ramdsik'?

...and which settings do you recommend for:

file_delivery_counter=0
....???

file_delivery_speed=0

....???? Speed is set to 0 in the config? Is this right for 'database_type=control' or do I have to change that value and it caused my losses???

file_database_size=20000000

???? Is this already useful if I have no ramdisk any more (but on disk)??? Or is this for ramdisk only.

Is there a howto or documentation available for the new 2.1.2.1 TC which cleard this and lists a good suggestion for default setup and what switch have what impact on reception?
If somone can post his working 'cast-client_1.ini' it would be great get maybe first the BS running well on the new client.

Or is this already beta software and I should wait till Eumetsat will releas it official with a description on the website?

Regards,

Christian

Ernst Lobsiger

Christian

There is a README in the client distribution. GNU/Linux means RTFM. You do not need a RAM-disk anymore. Do not change the parameters to begin with. Did you make the changes in /etc/sysctl.conf and activate them?

Christian Peters

Ernst,

I read the readme of course. I did the /etc/sysctl changes and applied
them.
Maybe it was too late in the night and I have to do it from scratch
again. ;-)

Regards,

Christian

Am 25.02.16 um 14:04 schrieb ernst.lobsiger@... [MSG-1]:

Christian

There is a README in the client distribution. GNU/Linux means RTFM.
You do not need a RAM-disk anymore. Do not change the parameters to
begin with. Did you make the changes in /etc/sysctl.conf and activate
them?

Christian

You should basically just make the changes in the README. The WEB-Interface has another port number now and looks different. That's why I reset the port numbers to 2517 and 3517 as used before. And YES there are some changes to make in the eLuna update scripts that take numbers from the new WEB-Interface. You can look at these changes on my receicer Io (where you just got TClogSummary) that runs with the new client now.

Good luck
Ernst

Christian Peters

Yes Ernst,

you are right, sorry!

Did the minimum changes and now BS is running!

Will look after the changes to make in eLuna.

On question: I set up my interface address in reciever 1 to
interface_address=192.168.238.238
as described in the Readme of the 2.4.3a client.

If I set this address to in hvs it didn't connect.
Have I to set it to another address like
interface_address=192.168.238.239 ?

Regards,

Christian

Am 25.02.16 um 14:19 schrieb ernst.lobsiger@... [MSG-1]:

Christian

You should basically just make the changes in the README. The
WEB-Interface has another port number now and looks different. That's
why I reset the port numbers to 2517 and 3517 as used before. And YES
there are some changes to make in the eLuna update scripts that take
numbers from the new WEB-Interface. You can look at these changes on
my receicer Io (where you just got TClogSummary) that runs with the
new client now.

Good luck
Ernst

Christian Peters

Hm....I think it should be the same address.

But I just saw there is no traffic on dvb0_7 on my station (PID 601)...?
Could be the cause for pending 'connecting'

Strange....

------------------------------------

------------------------------------

http://www.satsignal.eu/wxsat/glossary.htm

Join GEO - the Group for Earth Observation
for the informative GEO Quarterly magazine:
http://www.geo-web.org.uk/

------------------------------------

Yahoo Groups Links

Ernst Lobsiger

Christian

You must use 2x the same IP, it is the IP of interface dummy0.

Have you added the HVS stuff in /etc/eumetcast-channels.cfg?

On top add
PID 600,601

At bottom add
TSL-HVS-1 ...
S3A-01 ...

As discribed by Eumetsat here:

http://www.eumetsat.int/website/home/TechnicalBulletins/CopernicusUserPreparation/index.html http://www.eumetsat.int/website/home/TechnicalBulletins/CopernicusUserPreparation/index.html

And at the bottom of /etc/dvb-eumetcast.cfg uncomment the line
ALTERNATE_MULTICAST_ORIGIN_IP_ADDRESS=192.168.1.2

At the bottom of /etc/tellicast-client.cfg you must set for BS+HVS
NUMBERS_OF INSTANCES=2
INSTANCE_START_ORDER=1,2

Restart everything...

Good Luck
Ernst

Christian Peters

Ernst,

I enabled ALTERNATE_MULTICAST_ORIGIN_IP_ADDRESS=192.168.1.2

and did everything. I updated even eumetcast-channel to the new version
were PID 600 and 601 is inside

K_BAND_EUR_PID_LIST="100 300 301 500 509 511 600 601"

But...as I can see at eLuna at 14:00 PID601 was down and if I monitor
the traffic I see at

interface dvb0_7 0 Bytes! :-O

NETWORK Rx/s Tx/s
dummy0 0 750K
dvb0_0 74K 0
dvb0_1 51K 0
dvb0_2 277K 0
dvb0_3 259K 0
dvb0_4 44K 0
dvb0_5 35K 0
dvb0_6 149K 0
dvb0_7 0 0
lo 0 0

so no data to connect!? Strange...what did I do!? :-D

Hmm...but at this moment TC BS stalls with error "Could not join
Channel..... Missing key ....!
So maybe I have a USB problem here! :-(

Regards,

Christian

Am 25.02.16 um 15:28 schrieb ernst.lobsiger@... [MSG-1]:

[...]

After one minute running BS I got....

ERR:2016-02-25 14:57:45.544:Failed to open announcement channel `TSL
Announcement Channel', address 224.223.222.223:4711 (Bad interface address)
ERR:2016-02-25 14:58:39.547:Could not join channel "EUMETSAT Data
Channel 2": Missing key 64881.
ERR:2016-02-25 14:58:43.133:Could not join channel "EUMETSAT Data
Channel 5": Missing key 64886.
ERR:2016-02-25 14:58:43.393:Could not join channel "EUMETSAT Data
Channel 4": Missing key 64887.
ERR:2016-02-25 14:59:02.649:Could not join channel "EUMETSAT Data
Channel 5": Missing key 64904.
ERR:2016-02-25 14:59:38.073:Could not join channel "EUMETSAT Data
Channel 4": Missing key 64939.
ERR:2016-02-25 14:59:52.102:Could not join channel "EUMETSAT Data
Channel 4": Missing key 64952.
ERR:2016-02-25 14:59:56.137:Could not join channel "EUMETSAT Data
Channel 12": Missing key 64954.
ERR:2016-02-25 15:00:07.081:Could not join channel "EUMETSAT Data
Channel 4": Missing key 64966.
ERR:2016-02-25 15:00:19.812:Could not join channel "EUMETSAT Data
Channel 5": Missing key 64978.
ERR:2016-02-25 15:00:21.817:Could not join channel "EUMETSAT Data
Channel 4": Missing key 64984.
ERR:2016-02-25 15:00:36.943:Could not join channel "EUMETSAT Data
Channel 4": Missing key 64993.
ERR:2016-02-25 15:00:51.362:Could not join channel "EUMETSAT Data
Channel 4": Missing key 65006.
ERR:2016-02-25 15:01:12.465:Could not join channel "EUMETSAT Data
Channel 2": Missing key 65028.
ERR:2016-02-25 15:01:14.542:Could not join channel "EUMETSAT Data
Channel 5": Missing key 65032.
ERR:2016-02-25 15:01:27.751:Could not join channel "EUMETSAT Data
Channel 5": Missing key 65054.
ERR:2016-02-25 15:01:33.673:Could not join channel "EUMETSAT Data
Channel 6": Missing key 65062.
ERR:2016-02-25 15:01:48.433:Could not join channel "EUMETSAT Data
Channel 6": Missing key 65084.
ERR:2016-02-25 15:01:58.726:Could not join channel "EUMETSAT Data
Channel 5": Missing key 65098.
ERR:2016-02-25 15:02:07.575:Could not join channel "EUMETSAT Data
Channel 2": Missing key 65108.
ERR:2016-02-25 15:02:59.350:Could not join channel "EUMETSAT Data
Channel 2": Missing key 65183.
ERR:2016-02-25 15:04:10.108:Could not join channel "EUMETSAT Data
Channel 5": Missing key 65263.
ERR:2016-02-25 15:04:13.884:Could not join channel "EUMETSAT Data
Channel 2": Missing key 65266. So something going wrong here...

Am 25.02.16 um 15:55 schrieb Christian Peters hctpeters@... [MSG-1]:

[...]

Did you reboot or have you tried at least once something like:

service tellicast-client stop
service dvb-eumetcast stop
service smcroute stop
service etokend stop
service pcscd stop

and started everything in reverse order?

You cannot just edit /etc/eumetcast-channels.cfg !
dvb-eumetcast must setup dvb-interfaces and multicast routes in smcroute

When you boot everything will be setup except for the new Tellicast client you have to start.
As Eumetsat expects you have to play a while, the client is not started in the init process yet.

You can see your multicast routes with:

ip mroute show | less

GNU/Linux is UNIX after all ...

Christian

See at the bottom ...

---In MSG-1@..., <ernst.lobsiger@...> wrote :

Christian

You must use 2x the same IP, it is the IP of interface dummy0.

Have you added the HVS stuff in /etc/eumetcast-channels.cfg?

On top add
PID 600,601

At bottom add
TSL-HVS-1 ...
S3A-01 ...

As discribed by Eumetsat here:

http://www.eumetsat.int/website/home/TechnicalBulletins/CopernicusUserPreparation/index.html http://www.eumetsat.int/website/home/TechnicalBulletins/CopernicusUserPreparation/index.html http://www.eumetsat.int/website/home/TechnicalBulletins/CopernicusUserPreparation/index.html http://www.eumetsat.int/website/home/TechnicalBulletins/CopernicusUserPreparation/index.html

----------

It seems they did not specify the HVS Announcement Channel under the link above?

The exact line in /etc/eumetcast-channels.cfg you have to add for this channel must read:

"TSL-HVS-1 , 600, , , 224.223.223.223" &#92;

Now it should fly

Ernst

Christian Peters

Ernst,

I think the channels are set right

#
# The EUMETCast channels configuration file
# Version 2.3
# updated 09 February 2016

# the KU-Band Europe PID list...
KU_BAND_EUR_PID_LIST="100 300 301 500 509 511 600 601"
#for compatibility with old version
K_BAND_EUR_PID_LIST="100 300 301 500 509 511 600 601"

# the C-Band Africa PID list...
C_BAND_AFR_PID_LIST="100 300 301 511"

# the C-Band South America PID list...
C_BAND_SAM_PID_LIST="1921 1922 1923"

# the EUMETCast channel table...
# + EUMETCast Channel Name #
# | + KU-Band Europe PID #
# | | + C-Band Africa PID #
# | | | + C-Band South America PID #
# | | | | + Multicast IP Address #
# V V V V V #
EUMETCAST_CHANNEL_TABLE=(&#92;
"TSL Announcement Channel, 100, 100, 1921, 224.223.222.223" &#92;
"TSL-HVS-1, 600, , , 224.223.223.223" &#92;

HVS is now active...but BS show status error ever 20 sec

ERR:2016-02-25 14:57:45.544:Failed to open announcement channel `TSL
Announcement Channel', address 224.223.222.223:4711 (Bad interface address)
ERR:2016-02-25 14:58:39.547:Could not join channel "EUMETSAT Data
Channel 2": Missing key 64881.
ERR:2016-02-25 14:58:43.133:Could not join channel "EUMETSAT Data

and comes back ...and stalls again....

Sorry I'm not very experienced and don't want to stress you....!

Regards,

Christian

Am 25.02.16 um 16:21 schrieb ernst.lobsiger@... [MSG-1]:

[...]

If you have missing keys errors maybe pcscd is not running.

Here some more basic tests:

dvbtraffic
should show PID (HEX) 0258 and 0259 (600 and 601)

dvbnet -l
should list interfaces dvb0_0 ... dvb0_7

ifconfig | less
should show all your interfaces

ifconfig dvb0_7
should show traffic then and when

ip mroute show ¦ less
should show dvb0_7 properly routed to dummy0

@David: Thank you for providing TClogSummary on your page!

Christian Peters

Ernst,

did all test, traffic is back on dvb0_7.

But as far as I start the second client I got errors on both clients (Bad interface Address) and no connection to the announcement channels.

Hmmm....maybe I should gave up....

Am 25.02.16 um 16:44 schrieb ernst.lobsiger@... [MSG-1]:

ip mroute show ¦ less

Ernst Lobsiger

Christian

DO NOT GIVE UP BEFORE YOU CHECK THIS:

What is your shell ? Does /bin/sh point to dash?

If your shell is *not* bash you must edit

/etc/init.d/telllicast-client on top write

#!/bin/bash

instead of the distributed line #!/bin/sh

Good Luck

Christian

Do you start tellicast-client twice? I do not hope so: It's a question of configuration.
Either you start BS, or you start HVS or you start BS+HVS with just one command.

Ernst