Joining Eumetcast - asking for hardware recommendations

Christian Peters

Hi,

I’m very interested in setting up an Eumetcast receiving station. I read a lot on Eumetcast, David Taylor’s page, even looked at Alan Banks homepage, saw some french Youtube videos and skimmed the MSG-1 group which was all amazing . I’m receiving NOAA APT currently.
As looked around I’m just confused what DVB-S2 interface to choose.
The Ayecka SR1 seems to be quite well but as my budget is limited and I have to buy even a new computer as well as a Win-7 license, the dish (around 120cm+Inverto IDLB-SINL40-Ultra I think?), the Eumetcast license, software etc. and I’m not sure everything will work figured I could maybe start with a TBS 5925 Box or the TBS 6983 which will save around 400,- Euro. But there seems to be different experiences concerning this devices!? I planned to by an i3-4370 and hope that would be powerful enough for setting up a receive and process PC at once and hope this CPU would be powerful enough. Or is there any recommendation for a more current-saving setup as the computer has to run 24/7 all the year!

Any help or hints regarding my setup and choosing which checkboxes at the Eumetcast online registration service/datasets would be very appreciated.

Thank you!

Regards,

Christian

Alan Banks <alanjamesbanks@...>

Hi Christian,
My page needs an update!
More info on the GEO website, though David's is the most comprehensive. I use the Ayecka and can't comment on other devices.
However there is some info on the checkboxes one needs.
http://www.geo-web.org.uk/eumreg.php
links from
http://www.geo-web.org.uk/EUMETcast_service.php
Cheers
Alan

On 06/12/2015 18:00, hctpeters@... [MSG-1] wrote:
[...]

Robert Moore

I use the Novra hardware - so just to confirm that that's fine too.

Robert

mikeg4cfz

Christian, Hi, I use all the TBS Tuners and the latest one due out soon is TBS-6903 not expensive is easy to install and set up and receives Basic Service and High Volume Service, the TBS-5925 you mentioned is a USB Tuner and with the latest software works well, hope that helps. Regards to all, Mike G4CFZ.

Christian Peters

Hi,

@ Alan! thank you for the Links, very useful information. An IP-based solution is maybe the more comfort solution, thanks for your experiences.

@Rorbert: ok, another devicse which semms to wirk quite well!

@Mike: That sounds interesting!? Any ideas when the new card will be released? But good to hear that the USB Box is working quite well too. Would be a more flexible solution as a PCIe Card if it's stabe for 24/7!

Thank for your feedback.

Would be interesing to hear some real world 1/2 PC setups from users running this service as I am quite confused whether to set up a one or two machine setup. Anyone running a linux based reciever PC? ;-)

Regards,

Christian

Simon Proud <simon.proud@...>

Hi Christian,
We (my research group at a university) run a Linux-based reception system.
We have an Sr-1 connected to 3 linux PCs, all running Ubuntu 14.04:
- One to receive MSG full-disk/foreign/polar data.
- One to process the above.
- One to receive/process the rapid scan MSG data.

Setting up the tellicast software is a pain in the ass (a few problems
along the way) but the EUMETSAT webpage now has a helpful FAQ that will be
of use (in the troubleshooting section).
We use the config files (I forget the names, maybe recv-channels.ini?) to
arrange which directories to save the data for each channel and from there
we have a set of cron scripts that try to process the data every 2 minutes.
For the actual processing we use a heavily modified version of PyTroll (
http://www.pytroll.org/) and a modified version of the NWC-SAF software (
http://www.nwcsaf.org/HD/MainNS.jsp).

If you choose to receive+process on 1 computer (like we do with the RSS
data) then I'd recommend a solid sate drive. We used to use an 'old style'
hard disk and found it could not cope with the transfer rate (probably due
to the disk-intensive SAF software). If you are only making RGB images then
an old disk would probably be OK but an SSD is safer. For the dual-PC setup
we're running old disks and they have no problem.

Hope that helps,
Simon

On 7 December 2015 at 12:05, hctpeters@... [MSG-1] <
MSG-1@...> wrote:

Hi,

@ Alan! thank you for the Links, very useful information. An IP-based
solution is maybe the more comfort solution, thanks for your experiences.

@Rorbert: ok, another devicse which semms to wirk quite well!

@Mike: That sounds interesting!? Any ideas when the new card will be
released? But good to hear that the USB Box is working quite well too.
Would be a more flexible solution as a PCIe Card if it's stabe for 24/7!

Thank for your feedback.

Would be interesing to hear some real world 1/2 PC setups from users
running this service as I am quite confused whether to set up a one or two
machine setup. Anyone running a linux based reciever PC? ;-)

Regards,

Christian

mikeg4cfz

Christian, All the TBS PCIe Cards are very stable, I have run them since April/May 2014 and during test conditions 24/7 and have not experienced any stability problems, also with PCIe Card you do not need separate power supply as its power comes from the Mother Board, TBS-6983 is available now, 6903 is imminent, will notify the group when released. Regards, Mike.

David Pykett

Hi Christian

I am using the TBS6983 card and for me it works flawlessly 24/7.

Dave

Hi,

@ Alan! thank you for the Links, very useful information. An IP-based
solution is maybe the more comfort solution, thanks for your experiences.

@Rorbert: ok, another devicse which semms to wirk quite well!

@Mike: That sounds interesting!? Any ideas when the new card will be
released? But good to hear that the USB Box is working quite well too. Would
be a more flexible solution as a PCIe Card if it's stabe for 24/7!

Thank for your feedback.

Would be interesing to hear some real world 1/2 PC setups from users running
this service as I am quite confused whether to set up a one or two machine
setup. Anyone running a linux based reciever PC? ;-)

Regards,

Christian

.

<http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=10851300/grpspId=1705083601/msgI
d=21603/stime=1449489910>

<http://y.analytics.yahoo.com/fpc.pl?ywarid=515FB27823A7407E&a=1000131032227
9&js=no&resp=img>

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Christian, All the TBS PCIe Cards are very stable, I have run them since April/May 2014 and during test conditions 24/7 and have not experienced any stability problems, also with PCIe Card you do not need separate power supply as its power comes from the Mother Board, TBS-6983 is available now, 6903 is imminent, will notify the group when released. Regards, Mike.
=====================

... although my experience has been that:

1 - I could never get the TBS6983 PCIe card to work in one PC. The USB box TBS5925 works as expected on that same PC.

2 - the TBS receiver software has proved very unreliable in the PCs here, repeated Windows crashes which TBS could never resolve. Fortunately alternative receiver software is available namely BDADataEx which has proved to be completely stable.

So I'm using on one PC: Win-10/64, RX & process, TBS5925 USB, TBS driver 2.0.0.4, BDADataEx 1.1.2.1240

On other PCs I have the Ayecka SR1 box, which needs no drivers or receiver software as it is a network device. It does need (as all receivers do) the TelliCast software and eToken from EUMETSAT.

Hi,

[]
Would be interesing to hear some real world 1/2 PC setups from users running this service as I am quite confused whether to set up a one or two machine setup. Anyone running a linux based reciever PC? ;-)

Regards,

Christian
============================

Christian,

I have three EUMETCast systems on the go here, from a quad output LNB:

- an Ayecka SR1 receiver feeding a receive-only PC (Harstad and Kiruna)

- that same Ayecka SR1 feeding a receive and processing PC (Alta)

- a TBS5925 USB box feeding a receive and processing PC (Stamsund)

All are fitted with monitoring software so that data quantities, missed TelliCast packets, processor and memory load etc. are recorded.

My feeling is that with today's fast PCs a single PC devoted to EUMETCast can handle reception and processing without problems, providing care is taken. You will likely need a RAMdisk for buffering some of the TelliCast files (typical the FSY files), so plenty of memory is worth having, say 8 or 16 GB if buying new. Processor is less important, unless you intend to do heavy processing! The at least 4-core, or even 4-core with hyperthreading would be my recommendation. I have nothing special in the way of disks for use with my own processing software, but I do try and have two physical HDs in the system and process from one HD to the other.

For me, Windows is the obvious choice, as Linux seems so much more complicated, and has so many different variants. Windows-7 or later works well in this application. Windows XP works but cannot be recommended for a new installation.

By the way - GEO have a �20 off promotion on the Ayecka SR1 DVB-S2 receiver at the moment:

http://www.geo-web.org.uk/shop.php#MSG

and it's for everyone, not just members (as the Web site says....).

Alan Banks <alanjamesbanks@...>

On 07/12/2015 14:20, 'David J Taylor' gm8arv@... [MSG-1] wrote:
By the way - GEO have a �20 off promotion on the Ayecka SR1 DVB-S2 receiver
at the moment:

http://www.geo-web.org.uk/shop.php#MSG

and it's for everyone, not just members (as the Web site says....).
Oh No it doesn't!
:-)
Website updated just now!
A very early Merry Christmas!
Cheers
Alan

R. Alblas

Christian,

I use different software compared to most people.
Receiver Ayecka SR1, using a dual-core DELL laptop with external USB western digital hadrdisk.
OS: Linux Fedora 14.
Using ecast_cfg for selecting what I want to receive (instead of editing recv-channels.ini), and xrit2pic for processing (currently collecting data of MSG3, METOP, GOES and Himawari), live picture of one of the sats, removing data older than 2 days).

This all running 24/7. Sometimes loss of a segment, but mostly OK.

For xrit2pic, ecast_cfg see:
www.alblas.demon.nl/wsat

Rob.

hctpeters@... [MSG-1] wrote:

Hi,
@ Alan! thank you for the Links, very useful information. An IP-based solution is maybe the more comfort solution, thanks for your experiences.

@Rorbert: ok, another devicse which semms to wirk quite well!
@Mike: That sounds interesting!? Any ideas when the new card will be released? But good to hear that the USB Box is working quite well too. Would be a more flexible solution as a PCIe Card if it's stabe for 24/7!
Thank for your feedback.
Would be interesing to hear some real world 1/2 PC setups from users running this service as I am quite confused whether to set up a one or two machine setup. Anyone running a linux based reciever PC? ;-)

Regards,

Christian

------------------------------------
Posted by: hctpeters@...
------------------------------------

Unsure what a term means? Check the Glossary at: http://www.satsignal.eu/wxsat/glossary.htm

Join GEO - the Group for Earth Observation
for the informative GEO Quarterly magazine:
http://www.geo-web.org.uk/

------------------------------------

Yahoo Groups Links

Christian Peters

Hi,

this is really amazing and I’m very happy to join this group! Lot’s of information…very helpful and very interesting setups…thank you all!

@Simon: Thank you for that very interesting description. As I am more a ‚Linuxer“ (running an Ubuntu 14.04 webserver) at home and the „Win user“ at work I really think about using Linux maybe on the receive computer.
Wow…as I see there is indeed some software to process the raw data under Linux!?

But I wasn’t surprised that setting up the Tellicast setup wasn’t none too easy! Maybe it will be better to start with a win system…?
But if I understand that right: one SR-1 feeds three linux process PCs!? Did they have there own LAN? Will the Data feed into the LAN by the SR-1 and all computer connected to that LAN can grab the streamed raw data!? Sorry for that question but still learning how this all works.
I think I will fist start to receive the full disk images and will start to learn….but maybe the system could be expanded by additional (Linux) receive and/or receive and process computers but than it’ s necessary for requirement to choose an SR-1 or similar!?

Thank you for the interesting links to linux software you use!

Ok, I’m just wondering that there were no recommendations to SSDs but to RAM-Disk? I think SSDs of modern computer should handle the data rate!?
Just figureing out why to use a RAM-Disk? Btw. does the Tellicast Software after collecting the fragments copy the complete file to hadrdisk?

Again, thanks for that overview…very interesting and I will think about an SSD if I will choose the One-PC-Setup!

Thank you Simon!

@Mike: thats good to hear, I just heard from @Dave that the TBS cards runs flawless there. Even the TBS5925 USB version seems to work quite well. Thanks for you experience regarding the PCIe cards of TBS

Thanks Mike and Dave.

@David Taylor: Thank you for your detailed reply.
Good to know that the TBS USB version with BDAdataEX runs flawless as this would be an affordable setup I think.
As mentioned earlier the SR-1 would have the big advantage of a more easy setup and the ability to expand the system by more computers?! I noticed you use Win10!? Is that stable as I read that it isn’t official supported by Eumetsat/Tellicast?

Your Quad LNB configuration is quite impressive. Yes, I would tend to 8 or 16GB memory, maybe a SSD….or setting up a RAM disk. Ok….so maybe I should update my idea for processor (switch from i3 to i5 or similar). Ah, so now I got an idea why many people have two or more harddisk inside. You process from on disk to another. So am I right that the Tellicast software store it files to maybe disk one and the software grabs the files, process them and store them to disks two? Or havd I to grab the basic and high rate service to different harddisks? How does the software know that there is some new data to process (and the data is completed and written)?

Yes….Linux can be sometimes very complicated but I never tried to do cron jobs in or any command line programming in Win.

Thank you David for your hint regarding the special offer at GEO for the SR-1 and the detailed information…really a great group and kind members!

@Rob: Wow, that’s really an interesting setup. The ecast_cfg program is really interesting, even xrit2pic. That could be a first try setup if the EumetCast registration and Dongle will arrive before the the final computer setup is done!

Thank you Rob

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

From: hctpeters@... [MSG-1]

Subject: [MSG-1] Re: Joining Eumetcast - asking for hardware recommendations

============================

Briefly:

- The data output from the Ayecka SR1 receiver feeds a separate LAN, to which as many PCs as you wish may be attached (I've used up to 3 with a simple 5-port 1 Gbps hub). The data is sent by UDP, so it's up to the PCs to be fast enough not to miss any packets.

- The TelliCast software converts UDP packets into complete files, but these may still be encoded image segments so you need further software to convert the segments into full images (e.g. the MSG Data Manager).

- the issue with SSD may be the limited life if handling the full data throughput. Raw EUMETCast data can easily amount to 50 GB or more per day, perhaps treble that once you include the processing. For how many days can your SSD handle that? RAMdisk is /much/ faster and, in our experience, is almost essential to error-free reception. Allow for up to 1 GB, although you may get away with 300-500 MB on a smaller memory PC or if you receive less than the full EUMETCast stream.

- Windows-10 works well with EUMETCast, just as Windows-7 and 8 did. All my Windows-10 EUMETCast installations are Win-7 or Win-8.1 upgraded to Win-10. As Microsoft is moving to Win-10, so will EUMETSAT need to do.

- I have the TelliCast output going to one spindle, and the MSG Data Manager processes from that spindle to another. The software polls for new data at intervals, and deletes the raw data from the TelliCast disk.

- Command line in Windows is easy, it's an extended DOS command set. Plenty of examples around. The Task Scheduler is the equivalent of cron, and has plenty of options.

- The signal level here is not really good enough for the High Volume Service, so I am only aiming at the Basic Service for now.

Christian Peters

David,

thank you for that information, thing become more clearer.

sorry, but already some questions and comments:

- The data output from the Ayecka SR1 receiver feeds a separate LAN, to
which as many PCs as you wish may be attached (I've used up to 3 with a
simple 5-port 1 Gbps hub). The data is sent by UDP, so it's up to the PCs
to be fast enough not to miss any packets.

Ok, that’s nice. I thin i need a eToken on each PC?

- The TelliCast software converts UDP packets into complete files, but these
may still be encoded image segments so you need further software to convert
the segments into full images (e.g. the MSG Data Manager).

Ok, checked.

- the issue with SSD may be the limited life if handling the full data
throughput. Raw EUMETCast data can easily amount to 50 GB or more per day,
perhaps treble that once you include the processing. For how many days can
your SSD handle that? RAMdisk is /much/ faster and, in our experience, is
almost essential to error-free reception. Allow for up to 1 GB, although
you may get away with 300-500 MB on a smaller memory PC or if you receive
less than the full EUMETCast stream.

Hmm….50GB per day! Ok, yes, thats a lot of data written which could really shorten the lifetime of a SSD. So I understand the use of a RAM-disk! Yes…it’s much more faster. Tested RapidDisk on Linux some times ago….very nice….I think it’s the same speed with a WIN RAM disk. One question: if the segments of a file are complete, is the file then copied from the RAM-Disk to the spindle by the Tellicast program to free the space again or do I need a extra program to do that (like MSG Data Manager)?

- Windows-10 works well with EUMETCast, just as Windows-7 and 8 did. All my
Windows-10 EUMETCast installations are Win-7 or Win-8.1 upgraded to Win-10.
As Microsoft is moving to Win-10, so will EUMETSAT need to do.

Ok…I think Win 10 it’s the way to go…

- I have the TelliCast output going to one spindle, and the MSG Data Manager
processes from that spindle to another. The software polls for new data at
intervals, and deletes the raw data from the TelliCast disk.

So the MSG Data Manager has to run on the receive system too? If I set up a second PC for data, what will this PC do? The animations or processing Metop data (rapid scanning, animations)?
How will the data from the receiver PC transferred to the second one? By network I think but will the MSG Data Manager distribute (or Tellicast or another program?) the raw files or will the software from the second PC grab the data and process ist to it’s local disk or do I have to mount the disk of the second PC on the receiver PC?

- Command line in Windows is easy, it's an extended DOS command set. Plenty
of examples around. The Task Scheduler is the equivalent of cron, and has
plenty of options.

- The signal level here is not really good enough for the High Volume
Service, so I am only aiming at the Basic Service for now.

Ok, I think i should and can dive into that.

David, thank you very much for that info!!!

Regards,

Christian

============== Yes

============== No, the TelliCast software generates the segments, and can store them on HD. It's the DVB-S2 IP packets which live on the RAMdisk, i.e. partially completed files. (This differs in detail between the current TelliCast 2.4.4a and the next generation, but a RAMdisk is still required). You would need a program to clear the completed segment files, yes.

So the MSG Data Manager has to run on the receive system too? If I set up a second PC for data, what will this PC do? The animations or processing Metop data (rapid scanning, animations)?
How will the data from the receiver PC transferred to the second one? By network I think but will the MSG Data Manager distribute (or Tellicast or another program?) the raw files or will the software from the second PC grab the data and process ist to it’s local disk or do I have to mount the disk of the second PC on the receiver PC?

============== No, because in a two PC system the MSG Data Manager can access the received segment files over the network. You could get TelliCast to make the files available to other systems, perhaps with FTP or a scheduled file copy, but that's something I haven't done.

[]
Ok, I think i should and can dive into that.

David, thank you very much for that info!!!

Regards,

Christian

I hope the inline answers are readable.

Simon Proud <simon.proud@...>

Hi Christian,

Thank you for that very interesting description. As I am more a
‚Linuxer“ (running an Ubuntu 14.04 webserver) at home and the „Win user“ at
work I really think about using >>>Linux maybe on the receive computer.
Wow…as I see there is indeed some software to process the raw data under
Linux!?
Yep, all the software exists on Linux (depending on your needs). At one end
(for easy, interesting visualisations) you have the EUMETCASTView tool:
http://hvanruys.github.io/
I have not successfully compiled it but it can be done on Ubuntu. The
author of that software frequently posts here. At the other end (scientific
data analysis) there is PyTroll (that I mentioned y'day) and
seviri_native_util (which I helped develop,
https://github.com/gmcgarragh/seviri_native_util).
At least to begin with the EUMETCASTView tool is perfect, it's a very good
way to become familiar with the data if you do choose a Linux-based system.

But I wasn’t surprised that setting up the Tellicast setup wasn’t none
too easy! Maybe it will be better to start with a win system…?
I think with EUMETSAT's updated troubleshooting guide it is an OK setup
procedure now. Overall my feeling is that a Linux system is harder than
Windows to set up for Tellicast but - in the long term - is more easy to
manage. I feel I have better control over the data and reception in Linux
than I do in Windows, but that's a personal thing. If you're familiar with
Linux and know the basics of configure/compile then it should not be a big
problem.

But if I understand that right: one SR-1 feeds three linux process PCs!?
Did they have there own LAN? Will the Data feed into the LAN by the SR-1
and all computer >>>connected to that LAN can grab the streamed raw data!?
Sorry for that question but still learning how this all works.
I think David has answered this now in another mail, but yes that's what we
do. The SR-1 and all 3 computers are connected to a network switch and the
data just gets sent across that.

I think I will fist start to receive the full disk images and will start
to learn….but maybe the system could be expanded by additional (Linux)
receive and/or receive and >>>process computers but than it’ s necessary
for requirement to choose an SR-1 or similar!?
That sounds like a good idea. It's easy to get overwhelmed by the data if
you choose to receive everything from the beginning! Start with the full
disk and build up to whatever you find interesting :)

Thank you for the interesting links to linux software you use!
No problem.

Ok, I’m just wondering that there were no recommendations to SSDs but to
RAM-Disk? I think SSDs of modern computer should handle the data rate!?
Just figureing out why to use a RAM-Disk? Btw. does the Tellicast
Software after collecting the fragments copy the complete file to hadrdisk?
We have used an SSD attached via PCI-E and that works fine for the incoming
data. In most cases a ramdisk is preferable though. If you do choose linux
then there's some instructions about the disk here:
http://bruxy.regnet.cz/web/meteosat/EN/meteosat-station-in-gnu-linux/#ramdisk
I found that page very useful during the setup, it explains a few things
that the EUMETSAT guide does not.

Again, thanks for that overview…very interesting and I will think about
an SSD if I will choose the One-PC-Setup!
I'd like to add that I think the debate about SSD lifetime is not so
relevant now - they seem to last much longer than in the past, particularly
on Linux and the new versions of windows (which level the wear better).

Cheers,
Simon

On 8 December 2015 at 00:53, hctpeters@... [MSG-1] <
MSG-1@...> wrote:

[...]

Hugo

Hi Christian, Simon

I had the impression that there were no Linux users for EUMETCastView. Maybe I was wrong... so I uploaded a compiled new version for Linux 64 bit at Github.( https://github.com/hvanruys/EUMETCastView/releases https://github.com/hvanruys/EUMETCastView/releases )
Because this version is compiled with shared libraries, you need to download the Qt 5.5 libs ( http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/linux-deployment.html http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/linux-deployment.html ). Also the shared libs from HDF5 are necessary. ( https://www.hdfgroup.org/HDF5/release/obtain5.html https://www.hdfgroup.org/HDF5/release/obtain5.html )

Hope this helps,
Kind regards,

Hugo

Hi Christian,

http://hvanruys.github.io/ http://hvanruys.github.io/
https://github.com/gmcgarragh/seviri_native_util) https://github.com/gmcgarragh/seviri_native_util).

http://bruxy.regnet.cz/web/meteosat/EN/meteosat-station-in-gnu-linux/#ramdisk http://bruxy.regnet.cz/web/meteosat/EN/meteosat-station-in-gnu-linux/#ramdisk

On 8 December 2015 at 00:53, hctpeters@... mailto:hctpeters@... [MSG-1] <
MSG-1@... mailto:MSG-1@...> wrote:

> [...]
> from on disk to another. So am I right that the Tellicast software store it
> files to maybe disk one and the software grabs the files, process them and
> store them to disks two? Or havd I to grab the basic and high rate service
> to different harddisks? How does the software know that there is some new
> data to process (and the data is completed and written)?
>
> Yes….Linux can be sometimes very complicated but I never tried to do cron
> jobs in or any command line programming in Win.
>
> Thank you David for your hint regarding the special offer at GEO for the
> SR-1 and the detailed information…really a great group and kind members!
>

> @Rob: Wow, that’s really an interesting setup. The ecast_cfg program is
> really interesting, even xrit2pic. That could be a first try setup if the
> EumetCast registration and Dongle will arrive before the the final computer

Simon Proud <simon.proud@...>

Hello Hugo,
At the risk of going off-topic: Thanks for the Linux variant, I'll test it
when I have a chance. As we discussed via email the Qt libraries have been
causing issues here (mainly as we're on a centrally managed linux cluster)
but maybe this pre-compiled version will fix that :)

Cheers,
Simon

On 8 December 2015 at 12:24, hvanruys@... [MSG-1] <
MSG-1@...> wrote:

Hi Christian, Simon

I had the impression that there were no Linux users for EUMETCastView.
Maybe I was wrong... so I uploaded a compiled new version for Linux 64 bit
at Github.( https://github.com/hvanruys/EUMETCastView/releases
https://github.com/hvanruys/EUMETCastView/releases )
Because this version is compiled with shared libraries, you need to
download the Qt 5.5 libs ( http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/linux-deployment.html
http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/linux-deployment.html ). Also the shared libs from
HDF5 are necessary. ( https://www.hdfgroup.org/HDF5/release/obtain5.html
https://www.hdfgroup.org/HDF5/release/obtain5.html )