SR1 control console not locked

Roland Fechter

Hello,
my SR1 control console shows always "not locked" whilst I have a permanent stable lock !
This is proven by receiving smoothly the MSG Manager etc.
What could be the reason for this misleading message and how to correct it ?
I used the control console to check the data quality - how to get those dials back to functioning ?
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Roland

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Hello,
my SR1 control console shows always "not locked" whilst I have a permanent stable lock !
This is proven by receiving smoothly the MSG Manager etc.
What could be the reason for this misleading message and how to correct it ?
I used the control console to check the data quality - how to get those dials back to functioning ?
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Roland
===============================

Roland,

How are you connecting to the SR1? To the Traffic port, or to the Management Port?

Can you "ping" the management port?

Do you need to allow Java through any Firewall software you are running?

Roland Fechter

Thank you very much for your reply. I am linked to the management port. pinging its address does not function, as it says time limit exceeded ! No, no firewall message, it is here stored as unzipped user data - not as a programme.
Regards,
Roland

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Thank you very much for your reply. I am linked to the management port. pinging its address does not function, as it says time limit exceeded ! No, no firewall message, it is here stored as unzipped user data - not as a programme.
Regards,
Roland
=======================================

Roland,

Until your PC can access the Management port, the console program cannot work.

I won't be able to help further today, so I hope someone else can.

Ulrich G. Kliegis

Thank you very much for your reply. I am linked to the management port.
pinging its address does not function, as it says time limit exceeded !
No, no firewall message, it is here stored as unzipped user data - not as
a programme.
Hi Roland,
in one case, the ethernet plug sitting in the SR1 management socket had rattled
loose here due to a broken locking lever, that little plastic key that holds it in place,
or should at least ..., hard to spot... Just the unlit signal leds made me suspicious. In
other words: Did you check the cables? Can you telnet the SR1? Changed its IP
address?

Good luck!

Cheers,
U.

Sometimes, a power cycle works wonders...

Ulrich G. Kliegis

Von: "roland-fechter@t-online.de [MSG-1]"
<MSG-1@yahoogroups.com>
Datum: 04 May 2015 08:34:03 -0700

I am linked to the management port.
pinging its address does not function, as it says time limit exceeded !
Sounds like an IP mismatch. Did you (left-)click on that "DJT"-icon in the manager
window? It shows your settings, including the SR1's IP, at least where it is supposed
to be found. If you can't ping that, someting's wrong in your network setup.

I have separate connections from the (house-)LAN and from the receiver PC to the
two ethernet ports of the SR1. The first serves only administrative purposes, including
the device setup via telnet, the latter just the data traffic.

Cheers,
U.

Roland Fechter

Thank you for your kind reply. Which manager do you refer to ?
Where exactly is this D..window showing me those IP addresses ?
Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Roland

Ulrich G. Kliegis

Thank you for your kind reply. Which manager do you refer to ?
Where exactly is this D..window showing me those IP addresses ?

Roland,
Do you see the controler window with the three scales in it? If yes - in the upper
right corner there is a large icon with a face that resembles one of the regulars of
this list, actually, THE regular. Left-click on that image. Then you should see the IP
of the SR1, at least the one that the controler assumes.
If you can't ping the controler from the PC on which the controler runs, you should
try to find out what IP the controler is actually set to (e.g. via the USB interface) and
then match the two.

N.B.: The IPs of the data path and the management port can be different. Refer to
the SR1 documentation too (RTFM...)

Cheers,
U.