SST (was: SeaIceViewer)

Ulrich G. Kliegis

Von: "Nigel Heasman nigel@nigelheasman.com [MSG-1]"
<MSG-1@yahoogroups.com>
Datum: Fri, 16 Jan 2015 08:45:58 +0200

Hi Ulrich,
I also use David's Sea Ice Viewer (currently version 1.4.4.64
2012-Apr-04) and the latest North sea ice concentration file is:-
S-OSI_-NOR_-MULTI-GL_NH_CONC__-201501151200Z.grb
These files are in my E:&#92;MSG-1&#92;Images&#92;SAF&#92; folder.
Sea Ice viewer set up is pointing to the E:&#92;MSG-1&#92;Images folder - i.e.
the folder above the SAF folder.

Hi Nigel (and others),

thanks to your advice I can see the SeaIce data perfectly now. After sorting out a
number of other problems with my re-installation in the past weeks (more about that
later) I seem to still have blocked the SeaSurfaceTemperature data.

Which boxes have to be checked in the MSG-DataManager? The [SAF-Global]
pointer to &#92;received&#92; exists in recv-channels.ini.

Running the 3.x beta here.

SeaIceViewer is the registered version.

BTW - a visible date when the ice coverage images have been recorded would be
great. Some sort of "right-click-properties", maybe?

TIA for your GoodAdvice (tm)!

Cheers,
U.

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Hi Nigel (and others),

thanks to your advice I can see the SeaIce data perfectly now. After sorting out a
number of other problems with my re-installation in the past weeks (more about that
later) I seem to still have blocked the SeaSurfaceTemperature data.

Which boxes have to be checked in the MSG-DataManager? The [SAF-Global]
pointer to &#92;received&#92; exists in recv-channels.ini.

Running the 3.x beta here.

SeaIceViewer is the registered version.

BTW - a visible date when the ice coverage images have been recorded would be
great. Some sort of "right-click-properties", maybe?

TIA for your GoodAdvice (tm)!

Cheers,
U.
======================================

Ulrich,

In the MSG Data Manager, I would expect "Ocean & Sea Ice" box to be checked in the SAF setup tab. Perhaps you need to register for the SST data? Maybe it's a different SAF-xxxxx stream? You might check the EUMETSAT Product Navigator and this page:

http://www.eumetsat.int/website/home/Data/DataDelivery/EUMETCast/ReceptionStationSetup/ChannelsandPIDs/index.html

I just opened the SST and Sea-Ice files:

S-OSI_-NOR_-MULT-AHLSST_FIELD-201504250000Z.grb.gz
S-OSI_-NOR_-MULT-GL_NH_CONC__-201504251200Z.grb.gz

and in the bottom left corner the date and time derived from the file name is displayed. Please try scrolling the window.

Ulrich G. Kliegis

Von: "'David J Taylor' gm8arv@yahoo.co.uk [MSG-1]"
<MSG-1@yahoogroups.com>
Datum: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 11:08:50 +0100

I just opened the SST and Sea-Ice files:

S-OSI_-NOR_-MULT-AHLSST_FIELD-201504250000Z.grb.gz
S-OSI_-NOR_-MULT-GL_NH_CONC__-201504251200Z.grb.gz

and in the bottom left corner the date and time derived from the file name
is displayed. Please try scrolling the window.

David,
obviously, I looked everywhere but in the lower left corner... Habits from the old APT
times... Solved. Thanks.

I also found single *sst*.bz files in the latest SAF folders and could open them. They
don't show the nice overview image like in

http://www.satsignal.eu/software/sea-ice-viewer.htm

Does it need a complete diurnal cycle of data to show a synopsis comprising more
than a single frame maybe?

TIA, cheers,

U.

obviously, I looked everywhere but in the lower left corner... Habits from the old APT
times... Solved. Thanks.

I also found single *sst*.bz files in the latest SAF folders and could open them. They
don't show the nice overview image like in

http://www.satsignal.eu/software/sea-ice-viewer.htm

Does it need a complete diurnal cycle of data to show a synopsis comprising more
than a single frame maybe?

TIA, cheers,

U.

Glad you found the date & time stamp, Ulli.

I'm not an expert on the current SST files but I recall that some are more regional than others. Perhaps a regular user of the data can help you?