Topics

Ayecka SR1 ocassional issue: IP data flow but "Config error" at tellicast

daniarnedo

Dear,

Would like knowing if other Ayecka SR1 user have ever seen this issue I discribe below.

Ayecka SR1 works fine for weeks or months. Suddenly one day, the unit starts delivering "corrupted" or incomplete ip traffic and tellicast top status change from "OK" to "config error". IP traffic is seen at wireshark for instance. Bad packet count and bad frame counts increase quickly and the BER rate increase, not 0e-7 as usual. The only way to solve this is doing a "cold reset" via the telnet or console or hard reset. I could checked that at least once, at the same time EUMETSAT confirmed a signal trigger at the uplink.

Thanks for answering if someone had a similar problem.

Best,

D.G.

seggins2000

Would like knowing if other Ayecka SR1 user have ever seen this issue I discribe below.

Ayecka SR1 works fine for weeks or months. Suddenly one day, the unit starts delivering "corrupted" or incomplete ip traffic and tellicast top status change from "OK" to "config error". IP traffic is seen at wireshark for instance. Bad packet count and bad frame counts increase quickly and the BER rate increase, not 0e-7 as usual. The only way to solve this is doing a "cold reset" via the telnet or console or hard reset. I could checked that at least once, at the same time EUMETSAT confirmed a signal trigger at the uplink.

Thanks for answering if someone had a similar problem.

Best,

D.G.

Hi DG,
At about 10:00 this morning, my SR1 had a similar glitch.
tc-recv showed pink. Active Channels all showed “Connecting” and the log showed “Coordinator lost” on all of them.
Dual link margin etc were unaffected (See DT’s web site – Cullercoats).

Did a warm reset on the SRI via HyperLink.

Everything fine.

All this after months of steady operation.

Regards
John

Dear,

Would like knowing if other Ayecka SR1 user have ever seen this issue I discribe below.

Ayecka SR1 works fine for weeks or months. Suddenly one day, the unit starts delivering "corrupted" or incomplete ip traffic and tellicast top status change from "OK" to "config error". IP traffic is seen at wireshark for instance. Bad packet count and bad frame counts increase quickly and the BER rate increase, not 0e-7 as usual. The only way to solve this is doing a "cold reset" via the telnet or console or hard reset. I could checked that at least once, at the same time EUMETSAT confirmed a signal trigger at the uplink.

Thanks for answering if someone had a similar problem.

Best,
D.G.

As Ian pointed out, there were two maintenance periods scheduled for EUMETCast today. You can see what effect there was on some different stations here:

http://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/performance_eumetcast-europe_link_margin.php
http://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/performance_eumetcast-europe_losses.php

Most people seemed to see packet loss around 12:05, but no noticeable change in data rate from the SR1 or into the PC:

http://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/performance_eumetcast-europe_rx_io.php
http://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/performance_eumetcast-europe_pc_io.php

Glad the reset worked.

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the info. I knew yesterday of other users having this problem, but some having two units, only one had the glitch.

It seems the signal trigger started at 10:09UTC according to Tellicast Log file. Since then, the SR1 stopped working fine, messages of "coordinator lost" and "lost message" was returned by tellicast. This is not the first time I see this after a signal outage. A reboot usually solve this, but this is a workaround more than a solution.

Best,
Dan
=====================================

Dan,

Have you reported this problem to Ayecka or EUMETSAT?
Perhaps you could supply the following information:

- Are you on the current software release (255) for the Ayecka?
- What is your Es/No - i.e. how good a signal are you getting?
- What are the RX Link Margin Thresholds set to?
- Are you trying to take the high-volume service as well as the basic service?
- If only taking the Basic Service, have you set the MODCOD?

I would suggest using the current software, and ensuring that your settings for the receiver are the best for the signal and service you are receiving.

daniarnedo

Dan,

Have you reported this problem to Ayecka or EUMETSAT?
Perhaps you could supply the following information:

- Are you on the current software release (255) for the Ayecka?
- What is your Es/No - i.e. how good a signal are you getting?
- What are the RX Link Margin Thresholds set to?
- Are you trying to take the high-volume service as well as the basic
service?
- If only taking the Basic Service, have you set the MODCOD?

I would suggest using the current software, and ensuring that your settings
for the receiver are the best for the signal and service you are receiving.

Hi, thanks for your answer.

Yes, I reported to EUMETSAT and they recommended to me paying attention to the settings you mention and also doing the sw upgrade. I already had version 255, but did the config changes according to their recommendations. Let's see what happen at next outage.
Ayecka told they do not have feedback about problems with their units, and I do not see two many people at the group having problems like the one I reported. So, migth be a problem with my unit.

Have all a nice weekend.

Dan.