Query setting DVB-S to DVB-S2

sbu979r

Hi,
At the moment I am receiving DVB-S data via the Ayecka SR1 and want to change to DVB-S2. I have followed the instructions in David Taylor's Next-Steps and I now have Config Set1 Not Active and Config Set2 Active, yet when it reverts back to the main menu it says RX1 Active and RX2 Not Active.
Why is that, should'nt the Main menu now say RX1 Not Active and RX2 Active?

The Ayecka SR1 from GEO has:
Serial No: 111869 30AAc
Software ver: 1.05b232 hardware ver: 2.00 Firmware ver: 2.02b922

Regards,
Basil

Christoph Neuhaus

Hi Basil,

At the moment I am receiving DVB-S data via the Ayecka SR1 and want to change to DVB-S2. I have followed the instructions in David Taylor's Next-Steps and I now have Config Set1 Not Active and Config Set2 Active, yet when it reverts back to the main menu it says RX1 Active and RX2 Not Active.
Why is that, should'nt the Main menu now say RX1 Not Active and RX2 Active?
RX1 and RX2 designate the receivers, i.e. where you plug the coax cable coming from the dish into. The data stream still arrives at RX1 even with configuration set 2; unless you switched the cable to RX2 ...

Regards,
Christoph

University of Bern
Remote Sensing Research Group

Christoph Neuhaus
ICT expert

Hallerstrasse 12
3012 Bern - Switzerland

mailto:christoph.neuhaus@...
skype: nihil14

Hi Basil,
When you select the channel to be active you must also go down the menu I think to the
letter( I )
To make it active check before you do anything but is quite clearly labelled in the menus
Regards David Simmons
On 18 Dec 2014, at 12:50, basilhaigh@... [MSG-1] <MSG-1@...> wrote:

[...]

====================================

Good point, Christoph. I have updated the Web page with a small clarification.

sbu979r

Hi Christoph,

I've changed the coax cable from RX1 to RX2 but the light doesn't change,
it is still red and there is no difference in the main menu.

Regards,
Basil

Hi Basil,

[...]

The cable stays in RX1.

Please see:
http://www.satsignal.eu/wxsat/Ayecka/Next-steps.html

sbu979r

David,
Yes I have checked that.
Could it be that the Ayecka needs up-grading?

Regards, Basil

<MSG-1@...> wrote:

Hi,
At the moment I am receiving DVB-S data via the Ayecka SR1 and want to
change to DVB-S2. I have followed the instructions in David Taylor's
Next-Steps and I now have Config Set1 Not Active and Config Set2 Active, yet when
it reverts back to the main menu it says RX1 Active and RX2 Not Active.
Why is that, should'nt the Main menu now say RX1 Not Active and RX2
Active?

The Ayecka SR1 from GEO has:
Serial No: 111869 30AAc
Software ver: 1.05b232 hardware ver: 2.00 Firmware ver: 2.02b922

Regards,
Basil

sbu979r

OK David, thanks for the information.
Regards, Basil

MSG-1@... writes:

Hi Christoph,

I've changed the coax cable from RX1 to RX2 but the light doesn't change,
it is still red and there is no difference in the main menu.

Regards,
Basil
====================================

Basil,

The cable stays in RX1.

Please see:
http://www.satsignal.eu/wxsat/Ayecka/Next-steps.html

Yes I have checked that.
Could it be that the Ayecka needs up-grading?

Regards, Basil

No, there should be no need for an upgrade. If you have TeamViewer running I may be able to take a look into your system. Send any details via a private e-mail, NOT on the group!

sbu979r

Thank you, I appreciate the offer and I will be in touch.

Kind regards, Basil