SR1 Wampserver labour pains

Ulrich G. Kliegis

This moment had to come - I tried to follow the Eumetsat installation directions step
by step, but sometimes things don't work out as expected.

XP SP3, to start with.
SR1 streams DVB-S (!) data in its out of the GEO-box state.
USB interface successfully installed.
.net framework 3.5 installed.
wampserver(32b) installation is stopped two times with the message that httpd.exe
is not a valid Windows application. Bummer.
After the (thus interrupted) installation finishes, starting wampserver leads to the
message that Aestan Tray Menue has found an error and must be stopped. Report
to Billy G.? Rather not.

Where did I take the wrong way? The data stream from the SR1 has been running
all the time during these activities.

At one time during the wamp installation I was asked for the browser on my system.
The installation suggested explorer.exe. On the first attempt, I selected firefox.exe,
on the second attempt (leading to the same result) I left explorer.exe there. No
avail.

Any suggestions anyone, or just a pointer where this has been solved or discussed
before?

Thanks, cheers,

U.

Nigel Evans M0NDE

U. Please do not use wampserver.
I will check your sr1 serial number tomorrow and advise how to proceed.
If you sr1 needs an update this can be done using usb cable and the update
files on the geo support page.
Please read the support information on the geo and on David Taylors web
site before proceeding further.
Regards
Nigel
GEO shop

An: <MSG-1@...>
Von: "Nigel Evans nigel.m0nde@... [MSG-1]"
<MSG-1@...>
Datum: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 23:38:58 +0000
Betreff: Re: [MSG-1] SR1 Wampserver labour pains
Antwort an: <MSG-1@...>

Please do not use wampserver.
I will check your sr1 serial number tomorrow and advise how to
proceed. If you sr1 needs an update this can be done using usb cable
and the update files on the geo support page. Please read the support
information on the geo and on David Taylors web site before proceeding
further. Regards Nigel
Nigel,

thanks for the immediate reaction. My target is less the ability to upload updates
than means to check reception quality etc. remotely through my LAN. Without
substantial in-depth-knowledge I assumed that that would be facilitated by this
construct.

I'll leave my hands off wampserver immediately! :)

Cheers,
U(lli).

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Nigel,

thanks for the immediate reaction. My target is less the ability to upload updates
than means to check reception quality etc. remotely through my LAN. Without
substantial in-depth-knowledge I assumed that that would be facilitated by this
construct.

I'll leave my hands off wampserver immediately! :)

Cheers,
U(lli).

Ulrich,

For remote checking there is both a graphical interface:

http://www.satsignal.eu/wxsat/Ayecka/Next-steps.html#SR1controller

and MRTG available:

http://www.satsignal.eu/wxsat/dvb-s2/sr1-mrtg.html

Both work with software version 232 and 250.

I have installed WAMP server here successfully, IIRC, but the update rate isn't as good as the graphical SR1 Controller.